Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so..hows 6th year so far?

Options
  • 21-09-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

hey lovely pplz:pac:,

so school has started for awhile, how are ye finding it?

hmm for me..the 'reality' still hasn't really kick in yet :eek:i am not working as hard as i should be?... i do homework from 4-6 and then break then do 2hrs study (not so much of revision who) i have to write down stuff if i want to learn them. and it takes up loads time :O how are ye allocating your time ?^^
    should i really be doing more study...for the 500+..=(

(lol:rolleyes:? )school-uniform-examination_~u10578282.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

****. But a week and 4 days till my 18th and thee goes the Leaving.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

I too am aiming for 500+ points and I do about the same.
    But don't forget too use the weekends!:eek:
    I'll probably revise the circle in maths now.And revise about 30 pages from one of my many history books.That's enough for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Can't believe the amount you guys are doing :eek: :rolleyes:

I try and do 2 hours a night but usually end up only doing an hour. Just do my homework tbh and learn off a few history notes and poems.

4 hours a night in September is just crazy imo. There's too much else to do!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I have my first hangover of 6th year *winces* and to make matters worse there's two 18ths next weekends that im going to, perhaps flirtation with sober partying might be in order.

In terms of work, i get sooooo much done Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday because i have evening and night study, but i haven't managed to get much done at home yet.

No school on Thursday this week which will be nice, David O'Doherty gig on Friday night and a Steer Clear gig next Monday night, so lots to look forward to :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Haha steer clear.

Ugh its tough,when you finish the junior you realize how easy it was in comparison to Fifth but as soon as you get into Sixth you realize how easy fifth year was in comparison. 9 months time :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sixth year is fine I suppose. All I have been doing is my homework correctly. I really want to start studying though but, I have no idea where to begin. I'm going to have a word with my guidance counsellor and teachers about it tomorrow. I don't think I will do evening study this year as I done it for the junior cert and I ended getting pissed off with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Fad wrote: »
    I have my first hangover of 6th year *winces* and to make matters worse there's two 18ths next weekends that im going to, perhaps flirtation with sober partying might be in order.

Flirtation with sober drinking and flirtation with drunken members of the opposite sex don't go well -_-

[quote[Steer Clear gig next Monday night, so lots to look forward to :D.[/QUOTE]

Lulz.
    GA361 wrote: »
    I too am aiming for 500+ points and I do about the same.
    But don't forget too use the weekends!:eek:

Eep, Im aiming for about that but I do 2-3 hours MAX a night. And that's just homework, no study.

Piste wrote: »
    Lulz.

Hey when i can make use of the fact that im 18 and not have to go to a gig where theres a load of 14 year olds/my sister, i will :D

Anyway there's nothing on gigwise for at least another few weeks, so i might as well, (well gigs that we can discuss here arent exactly hot topics:))

All the good gigs are on weekdays :(

I'd rant more, but then I'd have to ban myself.

All the good gigs are on weekdays :(

I'd rant more, but then I'd have to ban myself.

But thats what being 18/a sixth year is all about, going out on week days and that is all i have to say on the matter :)

Is that even possible? DO IT DO IT DO IT

*Invisible internet peer pressure*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PILOT

i did my leaving cert last year and most people i know didnt really start anything until christmas....most people really start workin after the Pre's...if u are already doin hours of study now, then u wil be burned out by christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Well I just spent a week in bed due to a chest infection.. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad though :confused:

But thats what being 18/a sixth year is all about, going out on week days and that is all i have to say on the matter :)

Is that even possible? DO IT DO IT DO IT

*Invisible internet peer pressure*

I'm still 17 and will be til March ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm surprised by how many people turn 18 during 6th year. I didn't think that many people did transition year.

Of course, seeing as I'm so cool I skipped transition year and won't be 18 until August '09.

It's a good thing I'm cool and don't drink. :pac:

Also 6th year is very boring. Crap at Irish, English and French. Doing well in everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

try till the end of april.
    or one of my lucky friends is 18 on the 3rd of june... day the lc starts..

OT im doing supervised study tuesday thursday and friday. planning on going to the library on wed afternoons from half 1 till about 4 or 5, i just get distracted at home (as you can see by the fact im posting here) and might try get the library in again one day on the weekend. planning to give myself a day off studying each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

+1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah what is up with everyone being so old? a girl in my year will be 19 in march, I'm only 16 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

and back on topic, i don't have time to study with all the ****ing homework i'm getting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

you thiink thats bad i'm ginger 18 in feb 09 tallest in my year and youngest as well as a ginger:eek:

oh and my english teacher got knocked up last year so we had a (very good ) sub but now she wants to ddo the whole course in one year so 3+ pages most nights and im wasting so much time on stupid english im too wrecked for any thing else, no evening study(everyday or no go)and not enough

oh and all i'm going for is 400 points

edit:(as you can tell im knida wiggin' out)

oh and my english teacher got knocked up last year so we had a (very good ) sub but now she wants to ddo the whole course in one year so 3+ pages most nights and im wasting so much time on stupid english im too wrecked for any thing else, no evening study(everyday or no go)and not enough

My english teacher didnt even have an excuse, she just fecked off to Australia, WAGON!

Ya see, that's why I said ''/Sixth year'' :D

[Seriously though could you actually ban yourself? Can your banhammer swing in such a tiny circle?]

• Advertisement

I don't think so....nor could I ban PFM if I wanted to!

which of course I never would

Another 6th year milestone today.

I got refused service in Tesco, because I dont have an Age Card and a Passport instead :S bit odd*

(Yes, I'm fully aware its Wednesday, but drink must bought in advance sometimes, and not nessecarily for me :D)

Were you in your uniform? :P

I tried to ban myself last night, didn't work :(

Were you in your uniform? :P

I tried to ban myself last night, didn't work :(

nah i wasnt :S but in all seriousness a Passport being refused? wtf! gah that was mildly irritating, alas i have until friday :S

that's a shame, so the ''Banhammer'' is in fact intangible and non lethal, we have nothing to fear then :D

Well Hullabalú, PFM, Fuzzylogic, Myth and Séamus and whoever else mods this board have nothing to fear.

You on the other hand....

That's ridiculous about them not accepting passports!

That's ridiculous about them not accepting passports!

It really is, but! there is a positive, its finally reminded me to go and get a freakin age card!

(Although i did notice that the colour of my eyes in the passport is different to my eyes in not photoform, as in i have green eyes in real life but blue in the passport photo, no idea how or why, maybe my eyes have shifted colour over the last 5 years, NEW PASSPORT FTW! i am so glad for the existance of 5 year passports, i do not have to travel with my 13 year old self, when i get a new one next year)

GRAGH I went down to the Garda Station, all necessary documents in tow only to be turned away as they have no forms, I now have to go to the next nearest Garda Station to get one, THEN I have to go back to my local one to apply. This is the third injustice I have suffered due to gross incompetance.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

I got refused service in Tesco, because I dont have an Age Card and a Passport instead :S bit odd*

Yeah the reason behind that (or so one of my mates tells me) tesco's arguement is A) why would you be carrying a passport around with you all the time? (stupid excuse) and B) if u and a older brother or sister look alike, you could use their passport. A is thick. B makes a little sense.

apparrently if you have the reciept for the age card and the passport, you can get served in tesco. other than that, get to know your local off-license, get freindly with them :)

About me, i was 18 on the 2nd Sep. so 3 days into leaving cert, i think i speak for everyone wether they will be 18 or not, but we will all be hammered drunk on the last day of school. That includes all of you guys/gals here :D

I'm aiming for between 410 and 460 points, i only need about 400, but good to aim above it. 6th year isn't that hard, i havn't started studying, i'm pretty good at remembering in teh subjects i like.

Other than that, 6th year is decent :)

truedoom wrote: »
    Yeah the reason behind that (or so one of my mates tells me) tesco's arguement is A) why would you be carrying a passport around with you all the time? (stupid excuse) and B) if u and a older brother or sister look alike, you could use their passport. A is thick. B makes a little sense.

My response to A is, i brought it in specifically to buy stuff, but i can see where theyre coming from. I do however know people who couldnt be bothered to get an age card.

B however *shakes head* my sister and i do look quite alike, but she's 2 years younger than me, and is of the female varient. (Also its unlikely a girl will get served with a name like "Conor" on the ID theyre trying to use)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Also its unlikely a girl will get served with a name like "Conor" on the ID theyre trying to use

haha man, ya know what i meant. would be hilarious tho, if your sis tried anyways :D

Advertisement