Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so..hows 6th year so far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

truedoom wrote: »
    haha man, ya know what i meant. would be hilarious tho, if your sis tried anyways :D

Yeah i did, dont worry.

However if she showed it, then really darkly said my parents are meth addicts, they might pity her for "having" such a ridiculous name and serve her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Eamonn Brophy

18th after 18th.....

Still to actually start studying O.o

But I'm doing all my homework :D

Fad wrote: »
    GRAGH I went down to the Garda Station, all necessary documents in tow only to be turned away as they have no forms, I now have to go to the next nearest Garda Station to get one, THEN I have to go back to my local one to apply. This is the third injustice I have suffered due to gross incompetance.

Sorted :)

Now all i have to do is wait 2 weeks (How will I manage without cheap booze from Tesco, suggestions?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

i hate 6th year!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
    Getting so much homework there isn't time to study....lookin for 500+ so i have to start soon. hopefully supervised study will be startin after halloween, i never did it before but i should do more there than i'm doin now.

i was 18 in july so no excitement for me really, i still have to get my age card too..................just don't have the time for anything lately!

We had ''A faith enriching" Retreat today, it was so tedious and preachy im pretty sure I have even more contempt for Catholicism than I did before, didnt think that could happen.

There was some video about the Shroud of Turin, and apparently Jesus turned into a Black Hole to make the image on the cloth. I was in hysterics throughout, the priests in the centre where not amused :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

truedoom wrote: »
    Yeah the reason behind that (or so one of my mates tells me) tesco's arguement is A) why would you be carrying a passport around with you all the time? (stupid excuse) and B) if u and a older brother or sister look alike, you could use their passport. A is thick. B makes a little sense.
    B) could also be applied to age cards, so still doesn't make sense. (My sister is 21, and looks exactly like me, to people who don't know us.)

I think some of these shopkeepers were just told to only accept age cards, like robots, and not think about it. I still haven't gotten my age card (19 next week), so I use my provisional licence, but it's failed before by the "this isn't an age card" "this is clearly me though" "sorry not an age card" "you are an idiot" thing. I should really get it, but oh, the laziness. Garda station is a good 15 minute walk away.

Garda station is a good 15 minute walk away.

Careful!
    If happen you live in Blackrock, you have to go elsewhere, to get a form, then go back to Blackrock to apply because you HAVE to apply in your local station.
    Yesterday was so needlessly complicated *shakes head*

How did you know I live in Blackrock?

*carefully smoothes down tinfoil hat*

I actually got the forms sometime last year from my local station, but never got around to filling them out. Yes. THAT lazy. (Think I needed my birth cert or a photo or something extra that was just not happening.)

How did you know I live in Blackrock?

*carefully smoothes down tinfoil hat*

I didnt :P

[I had the misfortune of having to trek over to Dun Laoghaire to have to get a form so i was more kinda venting after yesterday, no I have a rough square mile area of where to find you, be afraid PFM, be very afraid]

Oh dear. I already have to deal with meeting the people from last year's LC who are going to Trinity...
    (Of course, I don't live terribly near to Blackrock town centre, so I'd say you have more of a circle with a 2 mile radius to search in. Safe once more, and now I disappear into the shadows because I'm not doing 6th year so I can't comment on how it is.)

• Advertisement

(Of course, I don't live terribly near to Blackrock town centre, so I'd say you have more of a circle with a 2 mile radius to search in. Safe once more, and now I disappear into the shadows because I'm not doing 6th year so I can't comment on how it is.)

Sounds like a plan

bye:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sure-thing

Oh my God! Sixth year is killing me!!!
    Barely have the energy to go out on weekends let alone weekdays!
    Why werent we warned it was gonna be hell???
    Oh wait we were.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Don't worry it gets a lot better... They always try to scare the **** out of you at the start, they'll do the same immediately after Christmas. Both occasions settle down fairly quickly.

Just wondering, how are people differentiating between study and homework? When I did the LC homework = study unless you're within weeks of the hideous event itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Just wondering, how are people differentiating between study and homework? When I did the LC homework = study unless you're within weeks of the hideous event itself?
    The homework we're getting is all stuff that could potentially appear on the paper. You're right, Homework = Study.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Hey!
    Well, I hate 6th year too. It was the second friday when I dropped to bed at six o'clock in the evening and woke up next morning at nine! And I will have nine exams. Well, at least I think I'm dropping out honours maths.

Sadly my most readily available stimulant cannot be consumed where i study, why i hear you all cry, because it makes my room smell of cat piss(yes before its asked i know how to make coffee), no idea why though, also nearly shat myself after i spilled a bit on my laptop so no boards surfing with coffe on my bed :(

Im somehow enjoying myself this year, I cant understand why :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm tired as hell everyday now and have taken to sleeping for 12 hours on Sunday.

Damn lack of free time. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Pants.
    Pants is all i can day.

I went 18 at the start of the summer, still havnt been arsed getting an age card. Just use my prov license. I don't understand what the big deal is :rolleyes:

As for school, i repeat, pants.
    I go to an all girls school, and all i can say is that everyone has become so much more bitchier.
    Is it stress? Is it hormones? Who knows. All i know is i can't friggen wait to be out of 2nd level education, and into 3rd.

The course i was relying on as a fall back if i screw up and get like 315 point is in IT tallaght, but 90% of the girls in my school go there, so i'm pushing myself for 440 in DCU..!

I can't seem to knucle down and focus.
    I'm going evening study in school till 6 everyday bar wed.
    But when i get home i'm completely pooped and flake out - so i cant do an extra hour of study after getting written work done at study group.
    I have a timetable and everything set out, just can't seem to get off my arse and do it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I have a timetable and everything set out, just can't seem to get off my arse and do it :(

+1

I went 18 at the start of the summer, still havnt been arsed getting an age card. Just use my prov license. I don't understand what the big deal is :rolleyes:

Ah the Big (really not anything near big) Deal is that some shops dont accept, anything other that the age card.

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    Ah the Big (really not anything near big) Deal is that some shops dont accept, anything other that the age card.

I gathered that, Captain Obvious!
    Got refused cigarettes in some random newsagents out at the RDS a few weeks ago.

What i don't understand is why the shops won't accept passports/licenses.
    They're both still proof of identity/age.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Pants.
    Pants is all i can day.

As for school, i repeat, pants.
    I go to an all girls school, and all i can say is that everyone has become so much more bitchier.
    Is it stress? Is it hormones? Who knows. All i know is i can't friggen wait to be out of 2nd level education, and into 3rd.

The course i was relying on as a fall back if i screw up and get like 315 point is in IT tallaght, but 90% of the girls in my school go there, so i'm pushing myself for 440 in DCU..!

I'm going evening study in school till 6 everyday bar wed.
    But when i get home i'm completely pooped and flake out - so i cant do an extra hour of study after getting written work done at study group.

try studying in study and leave the written work till later easier to do something that you have to do outside of study and use study for stuff you normally wouldn't do!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The old passports and driving licenses are so easy to forge it's not funny.

I gathered that, Captain Obvious!
    Got refused cigarettes in some random newsagents out at the RDS a few weeks ago.

Captain Obvious Salutes Thee!!!!1!.

Driving Licenses are insanely easy to forge, (old) passports to a lesser extent, i happen to have an old one, alas even though it wont get me Mickey Finns in Tesco, it'll get me in to Eamon Doran's no trouble at all. Dont know what to think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I don't know how to make a study timetable! :(

x2w1gk.jpg

Just a rough guide.
    This is mine, but i've since edited it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

4 hours of grinds :eek:

I can't study at the weekend. It's 'my' time. The LC can f**k off for 2 days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

TIME DOESN'T MEAN EVERYTHING. IT'S WHAT YOU DO IN THAT TIME!

In a way, when looking at study, you could ignore time. When studying, time sort of has little effect. Say for example, you wanted to study a section for the French oral on Drugs.

It may take you 15 minutes to learn everything off.
    It may take your friend 2 hours to learn it off.

So, you hear your friend saying, "I did 2 hours of French last night!" It sounds kinda "impressive" to your 15 minutes but the same outcome was reached.

My friends did this in supervised study (and I admit I did this sometimes too). It was crazy. They did **** all in study yet when asked if they did any study after school, they'd be like "I did 2 hours after school every day!"

So don't get imtimidated when you hear/read/see people doing amazing hours. It's different for everyone.

____

Ironically, as I'm repeating, I must be in school and study mode from 8 to 8pm to make up for last year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

What's even more worrying is that there's a 13-23pm now.

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    I can't study at the weekend. It's 'my' time. The LC can f**k off for 2 days :D
    Aye I operated under those rules. It meant I was sometimes a bit busy during the week, but I was a normal human being on the weekends. (Although long distance relationship means I have very few "empty" weekends.)

Advertisement