Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so..hows 6th year so far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't study at weekends. I spend Saturday doing my History and English essays, followed by my maths and French homework. Sundays are for recovery from the night before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Fad wrote: »
    GRAGH I went down to the Garda Station, all necessary documents in tow only to be turned away as they have no forms, I now have to go to the next nearest Garda Station to get one, THEN I have to go back to my local one to apply. This is the third injustice I have suffered due to gross incompetance.

I tried to register to vote for the Lisbon Treaty, but the Gardai were never at the station to fill in the form. I went down a total of 4 times and there was a car parked outside one of the times...

6th year is bad btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

one word - hell

am in afterschool study til 6 every day. come home and wud be doing at leat another 90 minshomework. then study for tests wud take another hour minimum.

totally wrecked, no time for the gym which is really p*ssing me off.

i just want some time to chill and do what i want.

rant over, lol

oh btw does anyone do chemistry grinds that are any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

lorna100 wrote: »
    one word - hell

am in afterschool study til 6 every day. come home and wud be doing at leat another 90 minshomework. then study for tests wud take another hour minimum.

Try 4 till 9 30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

5 and a half hours? Jesus H. Christ. Is there even enough on the LC course to occupy you for so long?

• Advertisement

5 and a half hours? Jesus H. Christ. Is there even enough on the LC course to occupy you for so long?

Well cumulatively we have 1 1/2 hours of breaks, but i think the fact that im in school until 9 30 is depressing enough, and then i have to rush home to catch the sheer mediocrity that is Prison Break on a Tuesday (Why i watch it, i do not know, a program without plot is how i describe it).

My dad came up here (Im in my room) a few minutes ago, and tells me i should probably go to bed soon, essentially told him to feck off, I hadnt been home for an hour :S

Gah, at least i get work done in school, like an obscene amount of Irish this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

9 till 9 is pretty extreme stuff. When I was doing supervised study in school I got home at 6, and I thought that was bad. It's good to get it all done at school etc., but jaysus, 12 hours at school. Basically living there.

but jaysus, 12 hours at school. Basically living there.

13 :D get in around half 8, school starts at 8 45ish, dont leave till about 9 35/40.

That said, i think there's no night study tomorrow :)

Something about a careers evening.

Leave early & Sleep me thinks :D Screw having a career, screw watching PB etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

NUIG on thursday!!!!!

I'd there hasn't been an evening yet where I've done 'ALL' of my homework, but I got the joint highest mark in an english test today so meh :D

Treat homework like study. Saves a lot of time ;)

6th year is rubbish, especially when it's your second time doing it!

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    NUIG on thursday!!!!!

FOOK

I forgot about that!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im going to be doing study in school now for two hours each day bar friday because were off at 1.20 then

hopefully thinking if i study then and get my homework done when im at home ill be sorted

and not a hope ill be doing much work on the weekends tilla t least after halloween....have a feeling i wont do well in the leaving though despite my studying and stuff because anyone whos doing great is miles ahead of me and doing longer hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

kateos2 wrote: »
    try till the end of april.
    or one of my lucky friends is 18 on the 3rd of june... day the lc starts..

+1
    6th year is going fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Sixth year is making me realise that I've got to absolutely work my ass off on even my strongest subject, english. And that even though I can figure out the honours maths problems I fail at maths tests. Oh feck.....

I'm doing afterschool study which lasts for three hours and means I'm at home at 7.20ish. Most of the time I need to do more work, even though I can't be bothered. But I guess 3 hours of study/homework a day should get me by for now...I hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

and back on topic, i don't have time to study with all the ****ing homework i'm getting :mad:
    Homework is half the study :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I am absolutely hating 6th year. The amount of work being piled on is ridiculous and I am hating it! I am so bloody tired by the end on each day I can only just stay on top of the homework. I really want to drop out of school now.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

I think im getting more and more confident about the exams each week to be honest. Anybody doing DCG, just got a sample exam paper this week and it looks so simple, can't believe how much i was worrying at the start of the year.

I think im getting more and more confident about the exams each week to be honest. Anybody doing DCG, just got a sample exam paper this week and it looks so simple, can't believe how much i was worrying at the start of the year.

Yah the DCG sample is so good! Basically only have to answer 4 questions. I'm repeating now and one of my biggest worries was that the exam would be completely different from last year, but it's actually far easier!

Yeah im also getting more confident, cant wait for it. But thats easy for me to stay i took easy subjects like pass maths and irish, with LCVP and no science subject :D Altough we got that sample paper, im still confused, my teacher couldnt teach a fish to swim never mind a class what a asympytote is :eek: Do we only have this one sample paper to go by ? Or will there be more ? And they better go easy on us as we are the first year doing DCG...The guinea pigs :rolleyes:

I am absolutely hating 6th year. The amount of work being piled on is ridiculous and I am hating it! I am so bloody tired by the end on each day I can only just stay on top of the homework. I really want to drop out of school now.
    The only thing stopping all us 6th years dropping out is the fact we have done 4/5 years in secondary why throw it away now ? And also if you have a target to aim for at the end of it like a course in college it makes it more bearable from day to day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

What's DCG?

What's DCG?
    Design And Communications Graphics

It replaced Technical Drawing last year and this year is the first year it will be in the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm getting a bit more freaked (ok "freaked" for me is getting mildly worried and then forgeting about it) as the weeks tick by cos 1) it's another week over than I'm never getting back, and 2) I keep finding tiny little 3 mark questions on exam papers, the answers to which are nowhere to be found in my textbooks (curse you Declan Kennedy!) and I'm scared I'll get a few of these in some of my exams which could just knock me short of the grade I want :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

hey lovely ppz, i have decided to come to here every so often to update my lc thoughts, so we have got 7months and a week before the leaving cert starts and 105 days until ma pres ( i just counted ><)

errr...well, i just had my parent teachers meeting on friday, 3 teachers said directly and indirectly that they are expecting me to get A in their subjects,o.o...so it was kinda encouraging because i never thaut they would have that high expectations, i was never one of them super smart people...

maths, one of my fav subjects tho i am not super at it.. revision just really got in to me:( s many people dropped since the start of the year..omg i just realized how much work it is need for maths...omg omg

i think i only just mangaged to settle down, finally,i went out every single weekend up to this week.

candy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I went to school today to find out I had no school.

FAIL

creggy wrote: »
    I went to school today to find out I had no school.

FAIL

I went to school.

FAIL

FFS ive been back 3 days and im seriously behind already.

Irish debating takes up such a seriously ridiculous amount of time, over though, so I can try and catch up tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

I've had bronchitis and am on antibiotics so haven't been back yet :mad: Going back tomorrow to get all my work to catch up for the weekend. Hate sickness.....Other than that it's the same old same old

I am so happy this exists:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Whenever I heard that song in the past, I imagined the singer to be a beautiful young eastern european girl. Thanks FAD :(

Advertisement