Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A guys question...how to say no?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Cianos wrote: »
    You have a point, but if I didn't care about the girls feelings I would have said straight out 'no'...but I didn't want to embarrass her or make her feel like sh!t, so I gave her my number.

This was the whole point of me starting the thread...what is the best way to reject someone basically.

I understand that you do care but I think that in the long run, because you care, the best thing would have been to be honest. I'm not inside your head but to me something like 'Look we've had a great chat and you seem like a nice girl but I'd rather not start something my heart wouldn't be in, so I'd rather not swap numbers'. If someone said that to me I'd be upset for a few minutes but then sensibility would take over and I'd think fair play, at least you were honest.

And it'd save me telling all my mates that I'd met the man of my dreams, sitting re-running the night in intricate detail both in my head and verbally to my mates, driving them insane with 'how long before I text him/where will I suggest/what will I wear....' type questions and then 'what did I do wrong/am I too fat/too thin/too ugly/not funny enough....' dronings!

I'm probably not directing the second part of this post to you OP but to everyone (male and female!) who has not just been honest at the 'can I have your number?' part of the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

so basically cianos you're first reaction was "No, this isn't the girl I want to exclusively have sex with for the rest of my life" therefore there's no point in meeting up with her for a coffee. I'd say meet up, see if it's fun or worth repeating. It probably won't be basically because you don't fancy her. But you never know. One date isn't being cruel and unfairly leading her on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭mac_attack

If worse comes to worse tell her you are gay.

I will prob get in trouble for saying that haha

Advertisement