Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else lovin the streets

Options
  • 21-09-2008 7:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I won't post this in hip hop or altenitive because a lot of people get upset if you stick the streets in there but i think Mike Skinner gets better and better. Anyone agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

He is excellent. I normally wouldn't be a fan of that type of music but his albums grow on you and some of his lyrics are fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's all been downhill since Original Pirate Material IMO...I still give him and the band a chance, but they're not a patch on what they were 5 years back. The new track has grown on me a little but it's missing the energy and the feel of the older stuff along with the irreverence which has been lost soemwhere. More chart friendly perhaps but lacking what made it great IMO.
    If you like Skinner, check out L.S.K., his main "influence"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

His new album got a terrible review this week in some Irish paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm not a fan. I think there's something terribly contrived about him - especially that "cockney geezer" schtick. He's from Birmingham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I liked Original Pirate Material but haven't liked anything he's done since as much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Like the new album a lot, some great stuff on it.
    He was born in North London but moved to Birningham as a kid. On ITV South Bank Show 1 hour special at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The new album is garbage imo. Big fan of OPM and A Grand Don't Come For Free. Last 2 albums were swiftly deleted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I despise them. Had the misfortune of seeing them as a support act last year. It was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Not my usual bag, but the first two albums were great. Didn't get into Hardest Way.... at all, but I think the new album is better.

Live, though, I haven't been too impressed with any of the clips I've seen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He is brutal live. Haven't heard the new album but i'd be willing to give it a bash just out of curiosity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement