Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

pat mc manus

• 21-09-2008 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

went to see pat in de brun last night,first time since mamas boys in the early 80s.what a night,the man has got better with age,2 hours just bangin them out,hendricks,deep purple,mamas boys and a few from his new album,highly recommended if hes playing near to you.go and enjoy.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

My first gig ever was mamas boys in the sfx (82 I think) and Pat Mc Manus left a deep impression. Nice to see he is still about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Yep seen him 3 or 4 times in the past few years. Absolutely brilliant, and one of the nicest guys you'll meet. Always has time for the crowd after the gigs. The album is great as well, I'd really recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

He's fine yeah. But once you've seen him once you won't get anything different. He's a phenomenal musician and a top bloke but he's on the bland side for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Bugger, would have liked to have seen this for old times' sake! :( Wonder if they'll get him back to De Bruns (what's that rock bar like, BTW)

Saw Mama's Boys in 83 (Dalymount) and 84 (the SFX), good times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

blastman wrote: »
    Bugger, would have liked to have seen this for old times' sake! :( Wonder if they'll get him back to De Bruns (what's that rock bar like, BTW)

Saw Mama's Boys in 83 (Dalymount) and 84 (the SFX), good times!
    back in de bruns on the 25th oct,not a bad little venue,a bit cramped id say,if it was packed,good sound though and the beers nice.the band came on around 10 and played for an hour and a half,great set too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

seen him last night in the kingswood lodge in tallaght last night. savage show,i never seen him before but was very impressed i must say. even those who weren't there for the show got into it as it went on. i'd definitely go seem him again.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have Pat's email ?? or how to get in contact ?
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have Pat's email ?? or how to get in contact ?
    cheers

here's his myspace page,might be able to get hold of him through there.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83067334

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

lord lucan wrote: »
    here's his myspace page,might be able to get hold of him through there.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83067334
    try http:// www.PatMcmanus.co.uk ,his official website.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I believe he supported the mighty Pantera at one stage too... My old man is a huge fan but didn't really listen to him myself. Must rob one of the old mans cd's and give it a spin...

• Advertisement
Advertisement