Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tracking/FastFit

Options
  • 21-09-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I went to Fast Fit on the Malahide road yesterday to get the tracking fixed on my car.

Car went in, they did the bit of work I handed over the 70 Euro and took the car home
    I then went out for a drive in it last night and once I got on a straight road I noticed that the tracking was not Fixed (now instead of pulling to the left it was pulling to the right). the faster I went the worse it got (rear wheels)

Has anyone had any luck with these guys before IE if I go up are they just going to shrug their shoulders and say that will be another 70 euro? (I don't think they are open yet, tried ringing)

I had a look at the sheet then last night when I got home (In detail)
    and discovered that they did not adjust the rear driver side wheel at all which is still at 15 minutes off centre

Cheers Guys
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Bring the car back to them, have them fix the problem or get your money back and go somewhere else.
    I have used discount tyres in Blanch a few times and are spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Will do mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Tracking doesn't normally stop a car pulling, it could be any number of things like your tyres, camber on the road or something like that. What sort of car have you got? It might not have tracking in the back or it could have been seized. Another mistake people make when they think a car is pulling is that when they hold the steering wheel straight the car goes left or right which would be down to the steering wheel been off centre.

Advertisement