Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 reinstall

Options
  • 21-09-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

When i try to log in it just say "this CD key has already been registered with another account"
    I know i shouldn't of reinstalled, and i haven't even gotten to install NS yet...
    Any ideas what to do?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The CD key is tied to your username, not a given install, right? Are you trying to sign up again or does this happen when you log in with your old username?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Happens when i go to use my old account and create a new.

Also nearly every name is taken at this stage, started making up crap and it still wouldn't work then eventually "ITOUCHBOYS" worked, but then the same problem with the CD key, but yet i got the email from EA saying "Welcome"..

Happens when i go to use my old account

What happens? You type in your username and password and then what? If it starts whining about the CD key, are you sure you're using the very first account? Why did you start making more than one account at all?

Right got the game on my old pc, could barely run, KDR was like minus 2.4 million.
    Made a new account when i got my new PC so i didn't have such a pathetic KDR.
    That worked well, then all though a bit of trouble getting the NS maps again.

duno why but a while back i uninstalled the game, then installed it there, now it says Key code is registered with another account..

Thats....odd. I'd have thought it should have given you that error when you first tried to make a second account on the same CD key. Have you tried logging in the first account?

Deleting the second account and using the first might work, and visa versa could be successful too. You could just email technical support and explain the situation and ask for advice.

• Advertisement

I think i deleted all player Data in the 2142 folder...
    May have some affect on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

if it comes to it you may have to buy a new copy, its only 20 yoyo these days.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!
    Suppose i can get it with NS now to save the messy downloading..

Well thanks Zillah anyway!

Advertisement