Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist dies in Wexford

Options
  • 21-09-2008 1:05pm

Heard this on the news this morning:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0921/breaking1.htm
    Cyclist dies after Co Wexford crash, two men injured in Sligo

Two men were injured in a single-car crash in Co Sligo early this morning while a woman died last night after she was knocked off her bicycle in Co Wexford yesterday.

The men were hurt, one of them seriously, in the crash on the N4 at Ardloy, Riverstown at about 4am. Ardloy is the Sligo side of Castlebaldwin.

They men are both being treated in Sligo General Hospital. The road has been closed in both directions until further notice and diversions are in place.

A woman cyclist died in hospital last night after she was hit by a truck in Co Wexford yesterday.The 51-year-old died after the collision on Main Street, Ferns at 3.30pm. She was taken to to Wexford General Hospital with serious injuries but died there later yesterday evening.

Road closures that were in place to carry out forensic investigations have now been lifted.

© 2008 irishtimes.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

She was on the Father Ray McSharry charity cycle, and a relative of a friend of mine... tragic :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

What a shame. The less trucks on the road the better. Thank God for peak oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

She was on the Father Ray McSharry charity cycle, and a relative of a friend of mine... tragic :(

"Fr. Peter McVerry Cycle"

I was on the road between Enniscorthy and Wexford several times on saturday (by bike and car) and saw probably over 150 cyclists of all shapes and sizes enjoying the fanstastic weather and suffering their way to the finish. Its very sad to find that a life was lost on such a well intentioned event. As a first hand witness to a similar cycling tragedy in the past I understand how stressful such an occurance is. Condolences to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

King Kelly wrote: »
    "Fr. Peter McVerry Cycle"

Thanks for the correction sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

She was a friend of mines Mum. Horrible news altogether. Very very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Best felt sympathies to those to knew her, whatever the event was called.

Advertisement