Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Requirement

• 21-09-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

A qualifying grade in two languages, one of which must be English or Irish, as follows:

English: a grade not lower that D3 at Ordinary Level,

Irish : a grade not lower than C3 at Foundation Level or D3 at another level,

Other language : a grade not lower than D3 at Ordinary Level

As regards the Irish requirement, if you have failed Irish at leaving cert, but have still passed English and another language, are you still elligable to apply?

A friend of mine is thinking of applying, but has failed Irish. Someone told him a few years ago you had to have Irish. Has that changed?? From whats on the website, it appears you dont need it. Does anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

A qualifying grade in two languages, one of which must be English or Irish, as follows:

English: a grade not lower that D3 at Ordinary Level,

Irish : a grade not lower than C3 at Foundation Level or D3 at another level,

Other language : a grade not lower than D3 at Ordinary Level

As regards the Irish requirement, if you have failed Irish at leaving cert, but have still passed English and another language, are you still elligable to apply?

A friend of mine is thinking of applying, but has failed Irish. Someone told him a few years ago you had to have Irish. Has that changed?? From whats on the website, it appears you dont need it. Does anyone know for sure?

You DONT need to have passed irish, but you do need to have passed english & another language. However if you get into templemore you will still have to study irish there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Elayne08

I failed Irish in my Leaving Cert and i'm starting on the 3rd of Nov in Templemore. You don't need it but i am dreading having to do the Irish again down there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Elayne08 wrote: »
    I failed Irish in my Leaving Cert

*high fives elayne08*

I failed irish too

Advertisement