Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I bring my second hand books?

Options
  • 21-09-2008 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I have hundreds of books.

Is there anywhere in Dublin I can bring them, e.g. a charity shop or a second hand book shop?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dublin lad

to a local libary:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

St. Vincent de Paul shop will take them off your hands no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If you want to be charitable there are plenty of charity shops around Capel Street and Camden Street.

Or if you want cash, Chapters on Parnell Street will give you a few euro for some, depending on quality etc. blah blah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You could always set them free...... see www.bookcrossing.com for details. Plenty of bookcrossers in Ireland too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Or you could donate them to Oxfambooks on Parliament Street.
    Opening hours:
    Mon - Fri: 10am to 6pm
    Sat: 10.30 am to 6pm
    Sun: 1.30pm to 5pm

http://www.oxfamireland.org/shops/branches/parliamentst.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Bucklesman wrote: »
    Or you could donate them to Oxfambooks on Parliament Street.
    Opening hours:
    Mon - Fri: 10am to 6pm
    Sat: 10.30 am to 6pm
    Sun: 1.30pm to 5pm

http://www.oxfamireland.org/shops/branches/parliamentst.shtml

There's an Oxfambooks in Rathmines too, beside the Town Hall (Rathmines CDVEC), across from the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If you want some money then Chapters on Parnell Square will probably take em

Advertisement