Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel like why should they bother

Options
  • 21-09-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

my mind feels melted already just 4 weeks in to 6th year!!!!

i have no incentive or motivation to start studying regularly ,

maybe i should just live in a brothel!!

i'd like to get 500+ points but i just don't know if i will or can put in the work

It's easy to say you want to do it but its just so like will i feel rewarded at the end when i have nothing driving me

sorry about the doomsday mood just felt like this as i was intricately getting Complex Number HL Maths solutions of examit and only using some correct answers to make my assignment look have decent when i Am Clueless about evil De Moivre!

any way sigh . . . . . .

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Just think, if you don't work or put in the study and try your best, results day will be the worst thing ever. You'll see people you know you are smarter than delighted and opening their results and some getting more points than you.

My advice: Work hard, do some study, and get the best results you can. Then never talk about the f**king LC again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im in the same boat.
    so far in 6th year ive done all my homework and learnt everything ive had to and already failed two tests in subjects id never failed in before and im working harder now then ever.im screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

what keeps me going is the thought of what college is gonna be like, studying exactly what i want to, meeting all these new people and just simply having a ball in uni!

whenever i feel like i just dont care i think about all that..

It really gets me motivated! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

what keeps me going is the thought of what college is gonna be like, studying exactly what i want to, meeting all these new people and just simply having a ball in uni!

whenever i feel like i just dont care i think about all that..

It really gets me motivated! :P

Very good advise.
    That is exactly what motivates me aswell.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I know that if I do badly, it'd be one of my biggest regrets in years to come. I'd look at myself years ago when I could've done much better. That's the main thing that's keeping me going so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Try spread your work load with activities currently iv gone back swimming dew to the fact i really need to get ride of negative energy and just to escape from the whole hard work mentality. Your going to have to find some time for yourself, some people cant spend 9 months with 100 concentration on their work you need a bit of time to take your mind of things so you dont burn out!

So get the combination right put in the work and remember this time next year you'll be in college having the time of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I havent gotten the "why bother?" feeling yet, but it's early days! It'll probably hit around the mocks. At the moment all my friends going to college and having the craic are motivating me.

Advertisement