Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia

• 21-09-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭

Hi

Release date for early October,

Any one know who is going to have the X1 for sale ?

Vodafone, O2 or one of the others ?

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Szondi wrote: »
    Hi

Release date for early October,

Any one know who is going to have the X1 for sale ?

Vodafone, O2 or one of the others ?

Cheers

good question... SE smartphones afaik didn't fare too well here, and the xperia is newer than new what with it being SE's first wm device ;)

I bet they're going to think real hard ;)
    can't blame them ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Voda are getting it in the UK along with Orange, O2 wont be getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The xperia has been so long in the pipeline now that it's getting dated especially with samsungs omnia out and LG's new KC910 due in October.

True... They may well have missed the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

xperia == vapourware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

They've hardly missed the train. The HTC HD, Samsung Omnia and the LG Renoir (KC910) are all direct competitors to the iPhone as they all have a large touch-screen with no keyboard. The X1 differs by having slide out keyboard just like HTC Touch Pro. In addition, the specs of the X1 can hardly be looked at as out of date given that it compares very favourably to the Samsung and LG.

From recent reports, the X1's interface is a lot more responsive than previous pre-production models so let's all wait and see until the reviews come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'd say its going to really expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've used the early prototypes and the pre-release models and there was a huge difference, I've yet to see the release candidate model yet. Its an amazing phone with some really nice features. The only thing that would put me off using it is the size.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Its an amazing phone with some really nice features. .
    why? ;) :P
    you can't just say that... Oh, well, you can...

I'm not saying it's a bad or unamazing phone, but SE need a big big hit, and rather yesterday than in October... That phone is not it! It'll sell initially, and then the hardcore SE brigade will realise what the "wm" stands for... And no, I don't hate wm, but for SE java/uiq fans, a switch to wm will be a surprise, and the UI/shell enhancement mightn't help, as it'll create the illusion that it's a happy go lucky fun phone, when underneath it all lies wm,...
    Personally, btw I rather want one of those! I'm just speculating...

BostonB wrote: »
    I'd say its going to really expensive.

Yes,quite expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

anyone know the release date of this? are we getting it in ireland and if so what networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

It looks set to be released early October, around €700.

slick phone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement