Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knee Jerk come on in!! Berbatov is the question

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Boggles wrote: »
    Berbatov out! Sell him to Keane for 5 million in Jan!

Keane is buying players now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He has an incredible touch all right - but I wouldn't agree that standing virtually stationary equates to positioning oneself.

Jeez, we must have come up against some sh1te defences over the last two years if a stationary player managed 46 goals in two seasons...;)

He scored 2 vs Arsenal, 3 vs Chelsea and 1 vs ManYoo in those two seasons, he scored goals under pressure (free kick vs West Ham to equalise at 3-3 when we went on to win 4-3 at Upton Park, peno vs Chelsea in the Carling Cup final, late goal away to PSV in UEFA Cup to bring game into extra time)

He's just started his career at United with two of the three hardest league games they'll face (on paper anyway) all season, he's not fully fit (due to his own actions in pre-season I might add) and he's playing in an under-strength and under-performing United team.

But yeah, he'll do fcuk all for them based on those 180 minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Keane is buying players now?
    Well that's what managers generally do isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Pighead wrote: »
    Well that's what managers generally do isn't it?

I was implying that he meant Robbie was buying him cause he misses him.
    Just to help around the house like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jeez, we must have come up against some sh1te defences over the last two years if a stationary player managed 46 goals in two seasons...;)

He scored 2 vs Arsenal, 3 vs Chelsea and 1 vs ManYoo in those two seasons, he scored goals under pressure (free kick vs West Ham to equalise at 3-3 when we went on to win 4-3 at Upton Park, peno vs Chelsea in the Carling Cup final, late goal away to PSV in UEFA Cup to bring game into extra time)

He's just started his career at United with two of the three hardest league games they'll face (on paper anyway) all season, he's not fully fit (due to his own actions in pre-season I might add) and he's playing in an under-strength and under-performing United team.

But yeah, he'll do fcuk all for them based on those 180 minutes...

Watched him away versus City last year live. He was lazy, no movement. Keane's movement busied the defense enough that he would generally find himself single marked and able to receive the ball. Once he gets it, he's magic of course. But I stand by what I saw firsthand.

But I stand by what I saw firsthand.

In one game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In one game?

When one game confirms everything you have suspected or been told then yeah, I find it compelling evidence. That been said, he will have Ronaldo. Rooney and Tevez around him - so his limitations shouldn't be a problem.

When one game confirms everything you have suspected or been told then yeah, I find it compelling evidence.

All I can say is wow...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, my opinion of a few people has changed in the aftermath of yesterday's match... Shockingly revelatory

• Advertisement
Advertisement