Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

all gauges freeze!!!!

Options
  • 21-09-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

any suggestions

now and again when driving along when i look down i see that all the dials and gauges go a bit crazy...

sometimes the fuel may start to read a full tank....or it may freeze.... same goes for the speedometer and rev counter...... the clock and mileage will usually go blank also.....

sometimes it would happen when going around a left turn......

now and again the car tends to chug a bit sometimes when taking off ,as if letting the clutch off too soon (which im not doing).... on 2 occasions i've noticed that when this happens the gauges will start acting up.
    after a while it will return to normal itself.....

ps its a 2000 nissan almera 80plus mileage... recently passed NCT

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

that exact same thing happened on my old car (too embarassed to say what it was ) and the fault was that the earth strap had broken.

its a wire that earths the engine to the chassis as far as i know.

could be something to look for

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

how much did it cost to get repaired.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

providing that it was the earth strap......

its a piece of wire. go to a motor factors. less than a tenner. do it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

sounds like a bad earth or a loose connection/fuse somewhere

if you can't find the problem yourself . a good auto electrician is your best bet

Advertisement