Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new inventions thoughts and comments

Options
  • 21-09-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

1: My idea will eliminate cables. How? Well it\'s a very simple soultion, by making plugs with WiFi technology inside the plug. So for example, you have your laptop and it needs charging, so you attach the wireless plug. Now even though your laptop is charging, it is still very much mobile. The wireless plug or WiFi plug would prevent people tripping up over loose cables. Now, picture the WiFi plug in vacum cleaners and in TVs. In TVs it will be great because you only need to ever plug the WiFi plug in once which gives you the freedom to decide where you want your TV without worrying about sockets. This is just an idea at the moment so I need you tell me what you think. To my knowledge this is a first.

2: Home security. Exactly like on your car where you press a button on your car keys and the car instantly locks. Well, what if there was a device similar to this fitted on houses? A single press of a button and all doors lock, even if a door is left open. A home central locking device like this fitted will give home owners that extra bit of piece of mind knowing that it will be much more difficult for a burgular to break in and freely roam throughout your house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You hope to send electricity through the air? :eek: :D

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

You hope to send electricity through the air? :eek: :D

-

That would be cool. All thats needed is a catchy name, something like "Lightning" perhaps ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

kcim wrote: »

2: Home security. Exactly like on your car where you press a button on your car keys and the car instantly locks. Well, what if there was a device similar to this fitted on houses? A single press of a button and all doors lock, even if a door is left open. A home central locking device like this fitted will give home owners that extra bit of piece of mind knowing that it will be much more difficult for a burgular to break in and freely roam throughout your house.

other than scan the frequency of the zapper and replicate, thus giving the thief full access to your house and all the need is a simple scanner.

Good ideas all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A couple of years ago I remember reading about a Croatian guy who was working on wireless power sources.

Quick google later: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marin_Solja%C4%8Di%C4%87

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sham08

OP this is really weird, I have thought of both those ideas only recently! This must make you also some kind of genius :D. I think they are great ideas but have decided the wireless electricity thingy can't work :( but I really like the idea of the car style house alarm :D

• Advertisement

sham08 wrote: »
    I think they are great ideas but have decided the wireless electricity thingy can't work :( but I really like the idea of the car style house alarm :D

If you read the link I posted, you'll see the wireless electricity can work, but at the moment it's inefficient. And I'd say it would need serious investment to research.

The central locking for a house is an interesting idea, once the security concerns nanook mentioned could be sorted out. It could fit in with the X10 concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kcim

cheers guys. lately these ideas and a lot of others have suddenly just came from nowhere! weird! Might be of interest to set up a forum for 'new ideas' as I've got a lot..

cheers guys. lately these ideas and a lot of others have suddenly just came from nowhere! weird! Might be of interest to set up a forum for 'new ideas' as I've got a lot..

I think there was a request for an inventors forum, but I don't think it made it.

There might be a another forum that is more for people making their own gadgets or developing their own ideas, rather than this one which is more for commercial gadgets out there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

http://www.zapkey.ie/
    http://www.home-security-action.co.uk/central-locking.html
    http://www.cedardell.co.uk/centralock/index.html
    http://www.homecentrallocking.com/html/benefits.htm

...because every good idea should start with a good google....

Good luck finding that killer invention, but when you're pretty sure that you have it, it's not advisable to post it on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

is this post a big joke? I certainly hope so, first idea is in middle stage of development in MIT, second idea is already around for ages.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/07/mits-wireless-electricity-demoed-dubbed-witricity/

• Advertisement

I had no idea whatsoever that it was already in production!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Then maybe you should do a proper search before putting your "inventions" on a public message board.:rolleyes:

Yeah, whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

im pretty sure that doesn't stop you infringing on copyright or patent infringement

im also pretty sure that living inside a capacitor isn't worth the advantage of not tripping over cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have seen both of these already. There are good online patent sites full of crazy ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Telsa also had this great idea. Over a hundred years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

This reminded me of some of my own recent inventions/ideas Tesla's probably already stolen.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1. A bicycle, which, instead of wheels has ice skates, for the winter months. A prototype, containing roller skates is currently undergoing a feasibility study.

2. A perfectly flat, square plate, with a windscreen wiper style device in one corner, which eliminates the need for cleaning, and the associated cleaning products.

Patents pending!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

You brought a stranger into this house near my unpatented idea?!!!

Advertisement