Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6-a-side soccer :: Mondays @ 8pm

Options
  • 21-09-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

I'm starting a new thread on this so it's specific to the kickabout session we have on Mondays at 8pm. We play up at the Astroturf pitches opposite Jackie Skelly (Charlesland Sport & Recreation Park).

We are looking for more players for Monday evenings at 8pm. From time to time we lose a player due to other commitments so we need a handful of fresh faces to bolster up numbers. The skill level is mixed and it's only a bit of fun for your Monday evening time - nothing too serious!

Send me a PM with your interest and I'll return a message with all the info.

Thanks, A.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Any chance of a kick about tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yep, PM sent to you Posh.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Hi astrofluff,

How low is the standard (lower the better...)?

I'd be interested in coming along as I badly need the exercise! I've played in a few five-a-sides before but a nasty competitive element crept in and ruined it for the few people who just wanted a bit of a kickaround without it being too serious!

Thanks

Joe

As I say above; the skill is mixed. There are some who are ok, and some who are woeful.

Well, you'll always get one or two that are competitive...you'll know by the ones keeping score.

I play for the fun of it plus I get a bit of excercise while I'm at it...

Drop up this evening if it suits and we'll see how numbers go.

Two more spaces have come up for 6-a-side soccer as a few of the guys are not returning due to other commitments.

Some of the guys are doing very well by getting permission to go play football every week, especially Birdwatcher.

Anyways, we need two more to make up the numbers for the Monday at 8pm slot...as discussed before the skill is mixed and it's nothing serious. Send me a PM with your interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭col007

astrofluff wrote: »
    Two more spaces have come up for 6-a-side soccer as a few of the guys are not returning due to other commitments.
    I d be interested in dropping up nxt monday if the two places are still available,living local so it woul
    Some of the guys are doing very well by getting permission to go play football every week, especially Birdwatcher.

Anyways, we need two more to make up the numbers for the Monday at 8pm slot...as discussed before the skill is mixed and it's nothing serious. Send me a PM with your interest.
    d be ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

astrofluff wrote: »

How long would it take to get there from near Dundrum town centre?!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭col007

Bryn wrote: »
    sorry bryn my mistake with reply,i live local and be interested if places still going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Bryn wrote: »
    The way you drive, 20 mins. For the rest of us, about 30 - 40 mins.

You'd be welcome to pop in for coffee if you're up that way.

(That's Bryn btw, not the rest of ye! :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The way you drive, 20 mins. For the rest of us, about 30 - 40 mins.

You'd be welcome to pop in for coffee if you're up that way.

(That's Bryn btw, not the rest of ye! :p )

I don't like what you are insinuating there Mr. Dragon :p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Fair play Mikedragon. I wouldn't want them all to turn up at your place for coffee either....horrible bunch o' mudslingers...especially that Astrofluff...he's just nasty! : )

Anyway....say around 9pm...that sound ok???? Oh! and eh!...milk, no sugar in my coffee. Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 dede_dublin

Is there anymore space for astro soccer?

dede, There is one space left. I've sent a PM with all the info.

Thanks, A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 neigh100

Hi astrofluff, Dede cant see his PM's , post it to me and I pass it on

Thanks to all those who enquired last week about playing football with us at 8pm on Mondays. We now have one place left if anyone else is interested. Send me a PM if you're up for a kick-about.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

I am curious about the 6 a sides?...can anyone join in. I just discovered the running on the running track on Mondays and Wednesdays - it is brill. Great facility....what else can we do up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

id be really intrested in playen... could u pm me the details. just life 5 mins away so would be handy

MegFi wrote: »
    I am curious about the 6 a sides?...can anyone join in. I just discovered the running on the running track on Mondays and Wednesdays - it is brill. Great facility....what else can we do up there?

MegFi, there are 5 astroturf courts up at the Charlesland Sports and Recreation Centre. The courts are available during the hours the centre is open. Our session is booked for one hour starting at 8pm every Monday on one of the 6-a-side courts. We look for people who want to play every week so if it suits you to play every Monoday at 8pm, send me a PM with your interest.

Cheers, Astro.

Hi...if you are interested to a kickabout on Monday there are a couple of places available for Monday at 8pm.

PM me with your interest. Thanks, Astro!

Hi still looking for another player...one spot filled - so come on, don't let a little bit of rain and wind stop you from having a kick-about!

• Advertisement

Place available for the Monday night 6-a-side at 8pm. Skill level is mixed. PM me if you're interested. - Thanks, Astro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Hi Astrofluff, I'd be interested in playing up there but couldn't commit to full time. I would be able to play at short notice on Monday evenings if ye were stuck though. Let me know if ye're looking for any subs!

P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 liamdunne81

Hi Astrofluff. I already play up there on Thursdays but would love to play another night. Let me know if any places are still available. Thanks

@Plastik: Noted, but am really looking for regulars. If there is a point where someone will be out for a few weeks - old men do get injured - I'll let you know.

@Liam: PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

There's an O35's team that trains on Wednesday 09:00 to 10:00 in GUFC on the Astro if you are interested.

We're always looking for new players as "Old men do get injured".

We are also in an O35's league.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pooljinx

Just wondering if your still playing need any body for numbers?

Hi Pooljinx,

I've sent a PM to you with contact information. Hope you can make it next week!

Cheers, Astro.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bogeak

Hi there
    We are a team of 6 players (foreigners) looking to play regular. If possible...
    Just wondering, if we can arrange a day&time.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jboyone

Hi Astrofluff, I'm looking for a regular game, can you let me know if you still need players?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Jboyone, PM sent with all the info. Hope to see you on Monday. Please note that the centre is closed on Bank Holiday Mondays (after 6pm) - So we don't play on these days.

Advertisement