Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

failable offence?

Options
  • 21-09-2008 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

When I take off at junctions or roundabouts or hill starts, sometimes I over-rev the engine and burn the clutch a bit. If I do this and get that smell in the car during the test - will I fail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

No it's not an immediate fail if you "over rev" the engine in the test, however you may receive faults in the "vehicle controls" section. It sounds like your hanging at the biting point for too long, with practice you should be able to perfect your moving off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Could someone put up a list of grade 3 offences, i.e. things that if you do, you'll fail instantly.

I know that hitting the kerb, seatbelt, and failing to signal are some of them. Any others?

sd123 wrote: »
    Could someone put up a list of grade 3 offences, i.e. things that if you do, you'll fail instantly.

I know that hitting the kerb, seatbelt, and failing to signal are some of them. Any others?

Hitting the kerb is not a grade 3 offense.
    Failing to signal, or using wrong signals is not a grade 3 offense, infact, there is no grade 3 "box" on the report sheet under the heading "signals", except for beckoning others and misleading.
    Seatbelt is of course one.
    It's difficult to come up with a definite list of grade 3 faults, but in short they are anything that is potentially dangerous, dangerous, or a complete disregard of traffic controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Hitting the kerb is not a grade 3 offense.
    Failing to signal, or using wrong signals is not a grade 3 offense, infact, there is no grade 3 "box" on the report sheet under the heading "signals", except for beckoning others and misleading.
    Seatbelt is of course one.
    It's difficult to come up with a definite list of grade 3 faults, but in short they are anything that is potentially dangerous, dangerous, or a complete disregard of traffic controls.

Thanks, do you know where I can get a copy of the 'sheet' where they mark your faults, just so I know where and how you lose marks? Also, how many grade 1 and grade 2 faults alone can you make and still pass? And, can they be combined together to fail you?

report2.jpg
    That's one i found through google. I believe it's up to date.
    But here's one in a pdf format from the RSA.
    drving test report

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

sd123 wrote: »
    do you know where I can get a copy of the 'sheet' where they mark your faults
    It also at the back of the Rules of the Road!

Advertisement