Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance query

Options
  • 21-09-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Hello ,

Was in the USA this week for a few days , lying in bed on wednesday morning thinking about what to have for breakfast with my gf when her mobile rings...its out travel agent ...who advised us we had missed our flight home !!

sorry come again?? were not going home until tomorrow!

checked our tickets and oh fudge we have just made a major boo boo...

€1500 to get a later flight that day , no thanks ,went on the net and got one the next day for €380..

basically my query is , will my travel insurance cover this? looking through my policy documents and it covers missed departures upto €750..but this is cleary my fault so will they tell me where to go ...

any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

basically my query is , will my travel insurance cover this? looking through my policy documents and it covers missed departures upto €750..but this is cleary my fault so will they tell me where to go ...

any thoughts?
    You won't get a definitive answer from anyone on here without your policy being available to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

You wont get anything for that. The missed flight cover is only for circumstances outside your control.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You won't get anything. I just bought travel insurance last night and scanned a number of policies - all of them state that you'll get re-imbursed for a missed flight only if you can show that you made a reasonable effort to make your flight. Your example would not be considered reasonable.

Advertisement