Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shedding the baby fat!

Options
  • 21-09-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

ok my baby is nearly 3 years old and i'm going out of my mind with the extra weight I put on..I put on over 4 stone due to pregnancy (i was like a walking fridge) so i went up to nearly 13 and half stone and am 5 foot.
    my weight has gone up and down like a yo-yo since having my baby.

At my best i was 9 stone 10lb. and that was not on a healthy diet!
    I then put on 3 stone so am now on a very strict diet of one breakfast meal, muesli and just a main dinner and i make sure i go out walking atleast an hour each day. I had to cut out wheat and am on soya instead of cows milk and if i do have to have cows milk with coffee then it is low fat
    now I am 11 stone 1lb and just feel huge!!
    I thought the weight would just drop off again and be down to 10stone!

i've nearly lost a stone in 2 weeks, so i'm thinking my metabolism has slowed way down.

has anyone got any tips as to fasten it up??
    or has anyone got any tips on how to lose weight fast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

hmmm, put the baby in the pram and go on a brisk walk every day.

Best of luck;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

You have only 2 meals a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

thats all i need really! dono what else to do unless i want to continue piling on the pounds.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

I don't get it - you lost a stone in two weeks and you want to speed your fat loss up??

wahoo, i am now 10 stone 13...the machine i used though said i was now 5 foot 1 though so i grew an inch on the weekend lollol
    last night i worked out for half an hour and today i had humus and carrot sticks for brunch and wheat free pasta and sauce with sausages and veg.
    and muesli for dessert.
    worked out for an hour and 10 minutes in total today.

• Advertisement

celestial wrote: »
    I don't get it - you lost a stone in two weeks and you want to speed your fat loss up??

Id say there are a lot of puzzled faces reading this thread.

ok maybe i was a bit eager to lose too much weight in such a short capacity!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

thats all i need really! dono what else to do unless i want to continue piling on the pounds.:o
    You need to read the stickies in the fitness forum. Cutting out meals is not the way to lose weight.

maybe its my imagination losing the weight then cos its doing a pretty good job at the moment. :D
    i feel good having a brunch followed by a nutritious dinner and is worth sticking too!

Maybe it will be your imagination when it goes back on again. 2 Meals a day is not sustainable, If you want to keep off the weight then read the stickies.

• Advertisement

ok i ate an apple!yea maybe your right about eating more but i think as long as its something like a vegetable or fruit it'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

ok i ate an apple!yea maybe your right about eating more but i think as long as its something like a vegetable or fruit it'll be alright.
    Once you go off this diet you're going to start putting weight back on, something you've obviously experienced in the past.
    my weight has gone up and down like a yo-yo since having my baby.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055157091
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054886861

Read them and you can adjust your eating habits so you're always eating right, forget the idea of only having to eat right to lose weight.

yeah but i don't see this as a short term diet,i plan on doing this long term. just eating healthy in general and eat more fruit snacks.
    it was getting to the stage that i would go to bed and crave chocolate so much that id have to eat a bar before i did go to bed, and was eating alot of junk food but still not have any energy long term, now i feel awake and have energy all day long
    oh yes,in bids to get rid of fat i have tried...the atkins diet, yes shock horror the worst diet in history so i know a bit about stupid diets and don't want to get it wrong this time.

Advertisement