Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Reauired re: quitting sky?

• 21-09-2008 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just looking to know what is the most effective and quickest way to cancel sky?

I tried ot do it two months ago and the lady on the phone offered me free multi room for another year and this never materialised.

I am still paying far too much as i think sky is crap except for some sport but i don't think anymore it is worth the price i pay. (thats just my opinion and i have been with them since the Premier league started).

I would be happy to keep Setanta and i have an analogue BBC antenna feeding all the rooms in the house too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

you wont be able to get setanta if you quit sky on you skybox - all the freesat channels will work and if you just unplug and remove you card and plug in again - it will revert to the uk epg (all that turn to channel 501 etc is not neccessary)
    it will take 30 days for your conntract so you can time it to coincide with your monthly bill or do it now and get a small bill for the amount of the month it takes to fill out the 30 days

as of now - if you want setanta channels - you will need a sky or (dear god no!!!) ntl/upc subscription - in the uk you can get it by freeview but its not available here - unless sky have started giving freesat by sky cards in ireland your donald ducked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

cmb. wrote: »
    you wont be able to get setanta if you quit sky on you skybox - all the freesat channels will work and if you just unplug and remove you card and plug in again - it will revert to the uk epg (all that turn to channel 501 etc is not neccessary)
    it will take 30 days for your conntract so you can time it to coincide with your monthly bill or do it now and get a small bill for the amount of the month it takes to fill out the 30 days

as of now - if you want setanta channels - you will need a sky or (dear god no!!!) ntl/upc subscription - in the uk you can get it by freeview but its not available here - unless sky have started giving freesat by sky cards in ireland your donald ducked

I think you are incorrect re: you must have a sky subscription?

I think all you need is a sky card and its irrelevant whether sou have a sky sub or not? If you had to have a sky sub then what ever happened to prople having a choice when skys monoply over the sports was stopped?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

All you need is the card for Setanta. cmb. is incorrect. You don't need an active Sky subscription for Setanta.

With regards to the 501 Sky News trick, this is needed on many Sky boxes - removing the card and unplugging simply doesn't work for the boxes I've tried.

Advertisement