Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelly cat!

Options
  • 21-09-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

I'm fostering a cat at the moment - one day in and I already have a problem! I didn't notice a smell during a 40 min car ride yesterday, but today she *stinks* of cat food! It's like it's oozing out of her pores! She's clean, and I've seen her cleaning herself. I'm feeding her a mix of Felix canned food and Hill's Science Plan <1yr dry food.

Anyone else ever noticed their cat smells of its food? And not just their breath! :P Should she be washed if it continues even after giving the Felix the boot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

When i have fosters here i only feed them dry, usually RC kitten, as i find the wet food not only makes their breath stink but also their trays. Also feeding them RC dry makes them poo less.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zipy

More than likely it is the Felix soft food that is causing the problem. Just feed RC or Hills kitten dry food (nuggets). Always leave fresh drinking water never milk, it is ok to give him a little bit of cream as a treat. Anyway kittens breath does tend to stink a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

It's not her breath - I actually figured out that she's farting!! Sweet god, for something so tiny she really can clear a room. Hopefully now that she's on Hills fulltime now the stink will lessen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

rainglow wrote: »
    It's not her breath - I actually figured out that she's farting!! Sweet god, for something so tiny she really can clear a room. Hopefully now that she's on Hills fulltime now the stink will lessen...

Should do as long as u forget about mixing the wet food into the hills. she might turn her nose up at first but believe me she will eventually eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tinned catfood is shyte - better off feeding them decent hard/dry stuff, plenty of water and bits and pieces of "human" food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

All together now (phebie song)

"smelly cat, smelly cat ... its not your fault"

lol sorry couldnt resist.

Advertisement