Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&K M249 problem

Options
  • 21-09-2008 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

When i connect the battery it starts firing and wont stop, anyone have this happen before, or more importantly how do i fix it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jimbobak47 wrote: »
    When i connect the battery it starts firing and wont stop, anyone have this happen before, or more importantly how do i fix it?
    Thanks

There might be a short in the wire somewhere, think someone else here had

that problem

check the insulation on the wires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'd say the metal that makes the ciruit is overbent I'd say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Those use a micro switch and sometimes they can fail, leaving the gun either stuck on or stuck off, their easy to get though. maplin should have them and to install it you just have to remove the 2 allen key screws on the right (far as i can remember) and then open up the stock plate like when changing a spring, the gearbox should just slide out the back and you can remove the switch without opening the actual gearbox.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

I had a similar problem. The trigger just pushes against the arm on the microswitch. The point of contact is an adjustable screw. Tighten the screw and it may solve your problem its also possible to bend the arm on the microswitch a little to stop it from engaging prematurely. Be careful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

Fantastic lads! ill try all that and we shall see what happens!
    Thanks for your help:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement