Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toonami is dead. RIP. {US}

Options
  • 21-09-2008 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

t’s official. Cartoon Network announced today that they are ending their Toonami cartoon block. After tonight, September 20th, 2008, it’s gone. Employees who worked on the block will be going to other parts of the channel. Anime will be mostly handled by Adult Swim (which, as I wrote earlier, is also dying), and there will be another action block replacing Toonami on Friday nights afterwards. Toonami Jetstream will remain without the Toonami name.

This is another sad day for American fans of anime. Toonami was one of the programming blocks that brought decent anime to U.S. airwaves. Now it’s gone, and it looks like anime on Cartoon Network is doomed to extinction.

http://protaku.com/post/index/262/toonami-is-dead-rip/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

and nothing of value is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,489 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cartoon Network? Pfft. Theyve been abusing good animation for years. Replacing it with all of that shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

Toonami got me into Anime...infact my favourite anime Tenchi Muyo aired on toonami! its been dead a long time...toonami was fantastic back in the day but in the last 2-3 years its only aired crap! either way I sure do miss the old toonami :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Anime Central is gone as well isnt it? I know it only showed 2 series but all the same, bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 82,489 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The best thing going seems to be Ani-Mondays on sci fi but even that is kinda bothersome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't worry guys - we have youTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Don't worry guys - we have youTube.

I know, but think of the children!!! wont someone please think of the children :pac:

Advertisement