Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi sat nav on thursday

Options
  • 21-09-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

does anybody have any experience of the sat nav which is on sale in aldi on thursday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I would like to know too. €130 seems a good price? Can anyone see drawbacks on this as i have never had one before.
    http://www.medion.de/ms/aldi/md97150/ie/flash.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In all probability you will not be able to purchase map updates for these units, that's the big difference between these cheap units and Garmin and Tom Tom.

huggs2 wrote: »
    I would like to know too. €130 seems a good price? Can anyone see drawbacks on this as i have never had one before.
    http://www.medion.de/ms/aldi/md97150/ie/flash.html

I bought a navman UK & IRL for my dad in May in Argos for €99 and it's brill, also saw one (not sure of make) in halfords for €89.99, so €130 doesn't seem as big a bargain to me. Agreed about the update of maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

coylemj wrote: »
    In all probability you will not be able to purchase map updates for these units, that's the big difference between these cheap units and Garmin and Tom Tom.

Think i will go with your expert advice, bit of an kneejerk reaction on my part when i saw the advert from aldi.Helps to read the forum before you jump in :rolleyes:
    Got my eye now on a garmin 250w after reading all the good advice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

coylemj wrote: »

:rolleyes: Map upgrades are available from Medionshop.co.uk

[edit] and medionshop.de where they are cheaper @ €79 for full EU maps.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Do-more wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Map upgrades are available from Medionshop.co.uk

[edit] and medionshop.de where they are cheaper @ €79 for full EU maps.

WOW they charge almost as much for the maps as the unit, the Lexmark of sat-nav...

MC

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The TomTom One UK & IRL version is currently selling for 119.99 in the likes of Peats -

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=24835&sid=15&cid=8643&scid=8644

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Felixdhc wrote: »
    The TomTom One UK & IRL version is currently selling for 119.99 in the likes of Peats -

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=24835&sid=15&cid=8643&scid=8644

Was available in Tesco a few weeks back for €79 and €99 for TomTom One with EU maps.... All gone by now though!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

pick up a garmin 200w from tescos in wilton for €89 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Do-more wrote: »
    Was available in Tesco a few weeks back for €79 and €99 for TomTom One with EU maps.... All gone by now though!

Tesco in Wexford town had 5 UK & Irl Tom Toms left on Sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

Anybody have any experince with aldi sat nav ......... is it worth getting or should i go for TomTom / Garmin instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

well, Tomtoms can be 'patched' and used with any ( downloaded for free ) maps :)

Advertisement