Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

almera car-vans..

Options
  • 21-09-2008 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

anyone driving one? any common faults to be wary of? reliability? i'm looking at upgrading to a 02'ish one, from a 00' corsa van. they seem to be good value for € on carzone anyway..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the engine is a Renault 2.2 unit, available in 2 bhp levels, 112 & 136.

Problems: I think there were gearbox issues, and that engine is also used on the Espace, which AFAIK suffers from turbo problems.

they don't have ABS or side airbags, but apart from that you could do a lot worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

the one thing i would be wary of .... with any car van. the person who drove it before you probably did not own it. as in it was a company car of some sort...... and you know what they say "nothing handles likea company car".

i personally drove the sh1t out of 2 company vans . (Ford focus)

i would just find out the history of the van.

i just got another ford focus hence retiring the avensis ( which i drove very carefully because i was paying for all repairs myself... which was none)...... and i assume i will drive the poop out of the focus seeing that i am not paying for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

the 2.2 engine sounds like a tractor, worst sounding engine ive ever heard, couldnt drive one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

ok, thanks lads. the loudness of the engine is not a worry, as the corsa i have at the moment is pretty bad in that department. i'll keep a look out for a private one.thanks again.

Advertisement