Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism & Language.

Options
  • 21-09-2008 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering, does this course ONLY include French and Irish? Because if so, that is total crap. I despise both of those languages. Hence why I like German.

So is German an option or not??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

The prospectus only mentions French and Irish so I guess not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Ah okay, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

That's bent.

Last year they offered Spanish and German too but there's only five journalists in Spanish and four in German. Irish and French are way more popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

German has always been a choice before... I'm doing Journalism and German, but it normally depends on demand. In 2005 there were two people who wanted to do Spanish but weren't offered that option. Thankfully they both had decent German. In 2006 one girl wanted to do Spanish and was given the option, I presume because she had no other language.
    The language courses pick up from a C-standard of leaving cert, so if you don't have the language then there's no real way you can catch up... but then there used to be a minimum requirment of a C in the language.
    This year they're offering journalism without a language, so maybe they've changed the original course too?

Thakns for your help :)
    See the Journalism course on its own just.. I dunno.. I'd love to do it with German and get a chance to spend a year in Germany. And I won't go to any college outside Dublin, because I love Dublin so much :P

I emailed them about two days ago asking but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

• Advertisement

I emailed them over a week ago and still no response. Should I email a different address or???

Advertisement