Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Objective Requirements

• 21-09-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm currently studying for the ACCA qualification but have a non-accounting based job role. Is it acceptable to achieve the objective requirements in my current job?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

aoifebob wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently studying for the ACCA qualification but have a non-accounting based job role. Is it acceptable to achieve the objective requirements in my current job?

Thanks.

As in the three years experience required for membership? Afraid not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

Afraid not.
    That's not entirely true.
    Is it acceptable to achieve the objective requirements in my current job?
    It depends what job you are currently doing. FYI -I have one years experience as a financial advisor using my QFA diploma. ACCA have allowed me use this year as part of my three years work experience requirement.

You should ask ACCA their opinion on your specific role as to whether they will allow it go against your experience requirements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Aoife,

Please tell climber what type of work you were doing - was it in any way finance related. I'm guessing no.

Advertisement