Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traktor Help

• 21-09-2008 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

How do i set deck A to be playin from the laptop speakers and deck b to be playin through the senheiser?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

You need a soundcard with 4 outputs (2 stereo outs) ...check out this site, they start at around 90 euro for an ESI, or look at a cheap and cheerful all in one controller/audio like the behringer BCD3000 or Hercules DJ console which start at 150, would be a better option.

R&L master out, R&L headphone out then you use the cue buttons in traktor.

You "can" split the output on your headphone out into 2 mono's but you'll need a minijack - mono minijack to make it work this way and probably a stereo-mono convertor for your headphones or else you'll only hear outta one ear.

I don't think theres any way of utilizing the laptop speakers though at all for the setup (maybe aiso4all might work?)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You'll definitely need the audio card mentioned above, or just two individual sound cards (they don't need to be expensive) and use software called AsioX to direct the sound to the different cards.

I was going to post the link to the software but it seems like the website has changed and I don't know where it is. I'll keep looking and if I get it will post it here.

Actually on re-reading what you wanna do....

Asio4all (click it) will allow a USB soundcard (like the 29 euro behringer) one to act as a headphone out, and play the mix though the laptop speakers, or heaphone out on laptop and soundcard to your stereo.

For the extra few bob you get a decent set up though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭heartwork93

Right so I'v heard good reviews about the Behringer BCD-3000. Will I definately not need a second sound card? How does it work?

In audio preferences>output routing do I set monitor L and R to the laptop speakers and master L and R to the Mixer?

I dont see a headphones out jack on the Behringer, just Left and Right phono outputs. Does that mean i'll have to monitor from the laptop's headphone jack?

Headphone jack is at the front :-S

Get yourself some speakers, laptop speakers are crap as a rule .. they do a set of powered studio looking wooden box speakers in maplin for about 40 euro...

If you really want to use the laptop speakers you'll need asio4all..personally I think thats crazy surely you have an old stereo even knocking round the house with an AUX input ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭heartwork93

deevey wrote: »
    Headphone jack is at the front :-S

Get yourself some speakers, laptop speakers are crap as a rule .. they do a set of powered studio looking wooden box speakers in maplin for about 40 euro...

If you really want to use the laptop speakers you'll need asio4all..personally I think thats crazy surely you have an old stereo even knocking round the house with an AUX input ?

I did but I blew the speakers at my last gaf party, pity I dont have recollection of them blowing though. :pac:

So yea, I definately dont need a second sound then,no?

Theres one for sale on ebay for about €180 incl. delivery and includes an XLR cable? Whats that for? Low latency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

if u want to just use ur laptop and not use any external midi controllers then u can buy a usb soundcard for 25 in maplins. im sure it will do the trick for what u need it for.

set the usb soundcard as master out and ur onboard sound on ur laptop as cue on whatever software ur using.

job done.

Advertisement