Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itunes Genius

Options
  • 21-09-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭

Might no be the right place so mods feel free to move...

I just downloaded Itunes 8.0 and they've added something called Genius. What's it do? Is it just purely for getting you to spend money on Itunes Store?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

That seems to be pretty much it, and they dont exactly hide it. They openly say that it doesn't choose companion songs from your library, but from the iTunes store...

Check this out and then check this out. Makes for interesting reading, ya gotta always look at both sides of the story :D.

Head

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It doesn't 'get' you to do anything...It merely suggests other tracks based on what you're listening to.

Seems pretty cool, you can just check out the free clips they have, and if you like em go and search for torrents:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I like it. It picks songs similar to what is playing and makes a playlist. So far I think it is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Annoyingly, the new iTunes doesn't seem to have the option to switch off the links to the itunes store, which I keep clicking on.

Anyone know any way to get rid of this?

Advertisement