Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd facts about ourselves

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

An odd fact about me. I'm possibly the vainest person you know, seriously I love myself, Yet im too shy to chat women up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi Raze_them_all

Isn't Kilkenny the undisputed city for Hen nights? Surely you could find a way mate. Any common interests? Then again I am a bit shy too.

DenMan wrote: »
    Hi Raze_them_all

Isn't Kilkenny the undisputed city for Hen nights? Surely you could find a way mate. Any common interests? Then again I am a bit shy too.
    It is, I'm to shy to chat them up, dont mean they dont chat me up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

It is, I'm to shy to chat them up, dont mean they dont chat me up :D
    poor kk wimms;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

jao wrote: »
    I can stop the blood circulation to my hand (for a short time) and it makes my veins all stand out from my skin. Its pretty weird. Freaks most people out.

:)

Better still, I can do it without stopping the blood circulation, all I need to do is put my hand at a lower height than my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

got a weird addiction to mints, any type softmints, eskimo mints etc I'm always snacking out on mints.....

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

i eat 6 slices of bread everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I AM TERRIFIED OF THE UNDERSIDE OF LARGE CARGO SHIPS.

now don't laugh, it's one of my biggest fears! i don't know how i realised i was scared of them, i was at a boat museum thing in france years ago so it might have stemmed from that o.0

i saw an ad for a documentary on the discovery channel about how big ships are made and i nearly got sick.

i dont' mind small ships pulled out of the water, but if a huge BEHEMOTH like THESE:

Container%20Ship%20in%20Dry%20Dock.jpg
    drydock.jpg
    857224356_655a31359e.jpg?v=0

i will run run run away as far as i can.

(pictures making me sick)

if they're in the water that's aokay, and i could travel on them no problem, but if i can see the bit that should be hidden i'll freak. i'm not scared of the propeller or anything, just the sheer size. THEY'RE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, I seriously thought that was just me! It's the only thing I would consider being remotely near phobia-level and there's just no way of explaining it to anyone else! Those pictures are revolting, especially the last one. I'm the same about submarines- not the thought of being in them or anything but just the bit where they emerge out of the sea with all the water running off..uurgh!

I watched a documentary a while ago about polar exploration that showed a submarine breaking up through the ice and I nearly vomited! The only way I've ever been able to explain it to anyone is "large things underwater". The main category is the underside of ships but also includes, as I said, submarines surfacing, very large whales and the water side of dam walls. Oh the thought of that wall going straight down into the darkness... *shudder*

Is there a name for it do you think?!

odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

I still suck my thumb! I'm a 22 year old man and I suck it everynight in bed and I couldn't be happier:D

• Advertisement

younge wrote: »
    I'm a 22 year old man and I suck it everynight in bed and I couldn't be happier:D

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,im really sorry but it had to be done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Semele wrote: »
    Oh my god, I seriously thought that was just me! It's the only thing I would consider being remotely near phobia-level and there's just no way of explaining it to anyone else! Those pictures are revolting, especially the last one. I'm the same about submarines- not the thought of being in them or anything but just the bit where they emerge out of the sea with all the water running off..uurgh!

I watched a documentary a while ago about polar exploration that showed a submarine breaking up through the ice and I nearly vomited! The only way I've ever been able to explain it to anyone is "large things underwater". The main category is the underside of ships but also includes, as I said, submarines surfacing, very large whales and the water side of dam walls. Oh the thought of that wall going straight down into the darkness... *shudder*

Is there a name for it do you think?!

the submarine thing and whales don't bother me at all, but dam walls are kinda freaky......, but especially when a huge boat is moored up beside a wall and you can see the gap down the side and are scared that you'll fall and get trapped and crushed by the boat. .............ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

and i'm so happy that i've found a fellow underside-of-huge-boats-hauled-out-of-the-water phobia sufferer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Shimei wrote: »
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,im really sorry but it had to be done!

Kinda have to agree:o, and also wonder WTF do bedfellows think of it when you do this?:confused:

farohar wrote: »
    Kinda have to agree:o, and also wonder WTF do bedfellows think of it when you do this?:confused:

I know its very childish but I'm being honest. My girlfriend was freaked out alright for a while when we first met. All my friends and family know and they just slag me now and again. I'd actually like to stop but I can't. I need my fix..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I have two shattered knee caps, and a scar where a piece of one flew out...and I can dislocate my hip and shoulder on demand...pretty handy! :)

I'm terrified of blades but not needles??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ive weird shoulders seemingly, the type where i can itch the un-itchable part of my back.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Will wrote: »
    ive weird shoulders seemingly, the type where i can itch the un-itchable part of my back.. :pac:

:eek: you can itch your back with your shoulders :P

well more that i can turn my hands around, hard to explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Will wrote: »
    well more that i can turn my hands around, hard to explain

funny you explained that!! i was only messing !:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

i do a mean cher impression when i'm drunk. there's video evidence floating around somewhere :o

sometimes my nana takes off her wig when she's drunk :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Container%20Ship%20in%20Dry%20Dock.jpg

I'm from Nassau

...granted it wasn't *that* Nassau, but I'm bored and i have nothing else to contribute

poor tread softly is clinging to her heart right now in fear thanks to your post hot2def

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

last few months i cant stop drinking milk. Might drink 4 pints of it in 10 minutes and still want more. Kinda weird cos before i would only drink milk rarely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can't drink milk if it has been left out of the fridge for any amount of time...
    Once it warms up at all, it just tastes different.

And I'll only drink it if it's really cold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

i do a mean cher impression when i'm drunk. there's video evidence floating around somewhere :o

sometimes my nana takes off her wig when she's drunk :p

me and your nana have that in common :p

apparently milk gives men, and only men, alzheimer's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

I sometimes sleep with my arm straight up in the air, very weird!

I had epilepsy when i was in national school, was a handy when i was in secondary school. Got caught drinking a few times on different school trips, denied it by saying i wasnt even allowed to drink cuz of the epilepsy.. always got away with it :D

I never go to the doctor for anything, its not a fear, i just wont go unless im forced

I hate moths, if there is one in the room i wont go to sleep until ive killed it!

I love cheese but wont eat it on pizzas

Oh and i have a weird, small black freckle under my eye, people try to rub it off cuz they think its eyeliner! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

turning up volume has to be on even numbers. If someone else changes volume and it not on even number i wont watch telly. Think i might be mad .

seanybiker wrote: »
    turning up volume has to be on even numbers. If someone else changes volume and it not on even number i wont watch telly. Think i might be mad .
    same.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »

Exact same as well! I thought I was the only one:)
    I have to have it perfect on the chorus box and the t.v itself.

Advertisement