Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd facts about ourselves

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Funny you say that, was standing right beside a girl I went to primary school with on the bus this morning. She didn't even recognise me. Well she didn't say hello anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Will wrote: »
    Funny you say that, was standing right beside a girl I went to primary school with on the bus this morning. She didn't even recognise me. Well she didn't say hello anyway.

there two different things there Will!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When I was in playschool, there was a guy that spat in my little sisters face, so I bust his nose...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Raze_em_all / Willbear .. Same here... but in 5th/6th YEAR! :rolleyes:

Walked out and refused to go back one morning in november, luckily my grandad stepped in and convinced me/paid for me to go to the institute so I did my leaving ... I miss him :(

Fiii - I had a weird hip thing too! I think its called clicked hips or something like that, I spent the first few months bandaged up in loadsa terry nappies to keep my legs turned the right way, theyre grand now.

Oh thought of another one - When I was small I had a blood disorder that meant I had virtually no immune system so was really sick all the time, the doctor said I needed to get an injection with blood cells from 12 donors once a month to replace my missing ones. My mum refused to let me have anyones blood but hers, she said she had no good reason just a gut feeling that she had to go with, so she turned it down and left me to grow out of it - she was told i'd be 11/12 but it was more like 5/6 in the end.

ANYhoo- the point is I was born in Dublin in 1983 so chances are I'd be a pretty sick puppy by now if I'd had all that blood:eek:

Did you say hello? She may be thinking the same thing :p

• Advertisement

Nah, she has turned into one amazing looking lady and I was feeling 'unpretty' today so decided against it

(i'd a lil crush on her in primary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

awwwww who's a cute little moderator....

I had both a crippling stammer and stutter...at the same time:(

I AM :D :pac: :D

i thought stammer and stutter were the same thing? o0

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Sometimes, when I laugh REALLY hard at something, my brain/body get confused and I start to proper cry...not unlike a newborn baby who doesn't understand emotion :o

I AM :D :pac: :D

i thought stammer and stutter were the same thing? o0
    nopie:( one is you cant get the words to come out...you literally have to force the word out...the other one you'll just say the start of the word a few times:(

it's horrible having both...It'd take maybe 5 seconds to start a sentence and maybe another 3 or 4 to finish the first word:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Ouch, that mustn't have been fun.
    My lil bro had a fierce stutter when he was younger, literally 20seconds of repitition. We would just let him get it out and not finish the word for him, after about 6months it went.

Now we cant get the lil sh!t to shut up :pac:

Having people finish your words when you've got a stutter must be fierce annoying.

Especially if they guess the wrong word

We thought we were doing him a favour but seemingly it makes it worse, also from a stutterer's point of view it's demeaning and embarassing. We just went on as normal as if nothing was wrong. :)

Fiii - you're a strange girl

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

You don't know the half of it Will! ;)

We thought we were doing him a favour but seemingly it makes it worse, also from a stutterer's point of view it's demeaning and embarassing. We just went on as normal as if nothing was wrong. :)

Fiii - you're a strange girl
    Yeah it's head wrecking. you end up saying less cos you dont want it to happen, but saying nothing makes it worse, also you start saying what your going to say in your head a few times before. Grrr.

new fact: I can put my legs behind my head, only one at a time though

did not need that mental image

did not need that mental image
    must be weird poppin a stiffy in work:p:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

All the similarities are pretty interesting.
    Different things driving us to make our bodies look weird! :D hahaha

If im even one minute late for school, i dont go, i dont know why, i just cant.

new fact: I can put my legs behind my head, only one at a time though

Bahahaha!! Back when I was flexy (trained as a dancer) my party trick was to put both legs behind my head and walk around on my ass! :D

CianRyan wrote: »
    All the similarities are pretty interesting.
    Different things driving us to make our bodies look weird! :D hahaha

If im even one minute late for school, i dont go, i dont know why, i just cant.
    our bodies are not weird:eek::eek:
    thats just skiving admit it!!!!

I only eat one type of fish, Dont like 98% of veggies, I dont like any sauces, Only eat duck cantonese from a chinese,Dont like stew. I'm a very very picky eater

• Advertisement

I'm pretty anal about time also, despise being late

Molberts wrote: »
    Bahahaha!! Back when I was flexy (trained as a dancer) my party trick was to put both legs behind my head and walk around on my ass! :D
    Go team us!!!
    I use it to defend myself on the ground:)
    Hard when ur all sweaty though.
    *waits for will or damo to make gay sex joke*

In a way its ditching, but i have mental issues...
    So there! :p

I abuse the fact that i have torrettes

cian do explain. One the guys in my club has it...He's got a handle on it kinda...some times he'll just grab my shoulder and squeeze and you can see it on his face he's fighting it...when it's really bad he just says beeeeeep and random things to stop himself

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

This thread should be stickied in PI - "Read this thread to see you are not as ****ed up as you thought" :p

feylya wrote: »
    This thread should be stickied in PI - "Read this thread to see you are not as ****ed up as you thought" :p
    come on fess up on something bout yourself!!

see its all mostly physical for me, liek twitches and throwing my arms about and stuff, but if im in a situation (boring class, assemblly) i sometimes shout out profanities and pull the torrettes card. handy as.
    And some times i do just shout out things with out even realising ive done so untill afterwards.

ADHD / ADD Cian? Usually go hand in hand.

An to think, young padawan, we thought you were a normal young fellow. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

come on fess up on something bout yourself!!

I already have. Apart from that, I seem to be completely normal in comparison

• Advertisement

We're having a right ole therapy session here today :D Sharing is caring!! :o

Advertisement