Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd facts about ourselves

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yes, ADHD
    And im dyslexic
    I have read on book in my life, that being reading a book on my own and not in school.
    That book was about 90 pages long and had larger than average words.
    I was proud of it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

bloody hell....id do that alot!!!

I've no memory span at all. Seriously...it's a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Young Padawan you're an interesting lil fellow aren't ya :D

Ya not on any meds to control it?
    I love things like ADHD, tourettes especially.

ADHD, tourettes and OCD go hand in hand with each other.
    So what's "your thing"? Piercings?

I've read a lot about it and more often than not people with tourettes have some topic they are experts on.
    Some dude has a PhD in geology with tourettes and is world renowned. He can talk for hours about the stuff

CianRyan wrote: »
    And im dyslexic
    sezxy_dyslexia_skinny.jpg

Just for you:D

I put the laughter back in manslaughter :pac:

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    with each other.
    So what's "your thing"? Piercings?

I've read a lot about it and more often than not people with tourettes have some topic they are experts on.
    Some dude has a PhD in geology with tourettes and is world renowned. He can talk for hours about the stuff
    Are ytou sure thats not a savont??? The rainman film was based on a real guy.
    There's a guy in france who has drawn his own city with over 4 million people.....

Well there are varying degrees but it's pretty common amongst people with OCD etc

Dunno about anyone else but i loved rainman :D

God i dont know...
    Maybe history, in my junior cert i got like d's and c's in most things in ordinary, but i got a b in higher history.
    Or mybe music, can go on about one song for hours.

I liek to ramble on about cráp, but i dont think that would count.
    I'm really good at geography too, and would NEVER!!!!!!!!!! pass up the chance to watch a good geog documentary.

I am slightly obssessed with, the polls (artic/antartic not the people) and well, just snow in general, and mountains, jesus dont get me started on montains.

I WANT THAT TSHIRT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I put the laughter back in manslaughter :pac:

and you say other peoples jokes are lame! hahaha:p

I mix up my numbers , like if a number 456 , i'd write it 465 . Made so many mistakes in work with this one!

Well there are varying degrees but it's pretty common amongst people with OCD etc

Dunno about anyone else but i loved rainman :D

Sure your not confusing it with aspergers/autisim?
    *insert spellcheck*

• Advertisement

as far as i know, savontism is the extremeist case of autisim, where the sufferer excells amazingly at the one hing. but there is the odd case where there brilliant at everything, nasa studied some guys brain a few years ago.

I thought you'd like the tshirt.

I'm obsessed with mythology...Norse especially.

snow does rock, yellow snow does not :(

ah come on, that joke was brilliant emo

snow does rock, yellow snow does not :(

ah come on, that joke was brilliant emo

The joke was a liek a clown funeral, hillariously depressing...

CianRyan wrote: »
    The joke was a liek a clown funeral, hillariously depressing...

Thats how jokes should be done Will! haha:cool::p

How about I ban you all? That would be funny wouldn't it :pac:

But then you wouldnt be the "best mod ever" would ya!!

you got to look at things from all angle's!:D

Bully! :(

who would you avoid doing work with then????

I am the master of skiving, don't need to be on boards to skive :D

I am the master of skiving, don't need to be on boards to skive :D
    BLASPHOMY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I AM TERRIFIED OF THE UNDERSIDE OF LARGE CARGO SHIPS.

now don't laugh, it's one of my biggest fears! i don't know how i realised i was scared of them, i was at a boat museum thing in france years ago so it might have stemmed from that o.0

i saw an ad for a documentary on the discovery channel about how big ships are made and i nearly got sick.

i dont' mind small ships pulled out of the water, but if a huge BEHEMOTH like THESE:

Container%20Ship%20in%20Dry%20Dock.jpg
    drydock.jpg
    857224356_655a31359e.jpg?v=0

i will run run run away as far as i can.

(pictures making me sick)

if they're in the water that's aokay, and i could travel on them no problem, but if i can see the bit that should be hidden i'll freak. i'm not scared of the propeller or anything, just the sheer size. THEY'RE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

your also afraid of moths!!!
    ha haManduca_Sexta_Moth.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

oh!
    i remembered something else :pac:
    i get annoyed when people talk about going UP to wexford, when it's DOWN ¬__¬

not just wexford of course, but you get it :P

suzaane wrote: »
    oh!
    i remembered something else :pac:
    i get annoyed when people talk about going UP to wexford, when it's DOWN ¬__¬

not just wexford of course, but you get it :P
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Shimei wrote: »
    your also afraid of moths!!!
    ha haManduca_Sexta_Moth.jpg

i hate you.

he's always mean to me about being afraid of moths :(

it's only cuz when he was over one night, i went into the kitchen and screamed really loudly and he ran in thinking it was a burgler but it was a moth on the window and he freaked at me!

i do have an explanation for that fear tho, we used to have room with the toilet in it seperate from the bathroom and the lock was dodgy on it. when i was about 10 i was in there at night, the window was open and a HUGE moth came in and started bashing about and i couldn't get the door unlocked quickly enough and i came out crying.

i hate them, they don't know where they're going and bash into everything. and they have big FAT bodies and manky FURRY antennae!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

can't sleep beside a window always make my poor husband sleep on that side.....
    Agree with Shimei, moths are pretty scary as well.....

and oh I HATE when people sit behind me, can't stand it, freaks me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Kya1976 wrote: »
    and oh I HATE when people sit behind me, can't stand it, freaks me out!

I get you on that one. I hate it when people stand behind me and read over my shoulder. Drives me bananas!
    Oh, and I can't have a door open behind me. Freaks me right out!
    I also can't make phonecalls...well, I can, it just takes a lot of nerve/ energy.
    I'm ok if it's a call from my mobile to a friend/ family member, but if it's on a regular landline, where I don't have the name/ number programmed in and I don't really know the other person, it takes me about 10mins and 25 odd attempts to dial the number and not hang up!

Fiii wrote: »
    I get you on that one. I hate it when people stand behind me and read over my shoulder. Drives me bananas!
    Oh, and I can't have a door open behind me. Freaks me right out!
    I also can't make phonecalls...well, I can, it just takes a lot of nerve/ energy.
    I'm ok if it's a call from my mobile to a friend/ family member, but if it's on a regular landline, where I don't have the name/ number programmed in and I don't really know the other person, it takes me about 10mins and 25 odd attempts to dial the number and not hang up!

:D yeah the open door is freaky alright definitly agree with you. i used to be the same as you about making phone calls, had to get someone else to make the call for me, for some reason I always find it difficult to speak english when I call someone.....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I still have trouble with 'left' and 'right'. When I did my driving test a few years ago I wore a HUGE ring on my right hand. (R for right, R for ring) so I'd know which way was which. :o

I'm OBSESSED with ships, especially ones that have sunk. I'd happily sit and watch documentaries about ships all day long. I love looking at ships in harbours etc, but get horribly seasick as soon as I get on one.

I'm told I do a very good Eric Cartman impression. And my BF is convinced I've got OCD.

Advertisement