Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New server?

• 21-09-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

So I see allot of people complaining about the que on the original servers that were picked!

So for all the whiners and complainers like me lets concentrate our forces on a new server and complain about something else like getting ganked constantly while trying to level.

Ive started again on Mount silverspear - Dest. Open RvR ftw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Open RVR ftl by the sound of things...

I have some RL friends on the server I'm currently on, so will be keeping my alt there, but might roll another toon on a different (core) server if enough people make the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Isn't there issues with Open servers where you can't go back to previous tiers or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)

Just reading this
    http://thegreenskin.com/2008/09/10/open-rvr-rules-announced/

"Players go for the easiest keeps. This has been proven in DAOC. Do you think people sieged a rank 5 keep in DAOC if a rank 1 keep was an available option? No! They went for the rank 1 keep because they could probably overtake it before reinforcements showed up. The same thing will happen in WAR under this ruleset, mark my words.

And with all the T3s owning up the T2 zones, it has a domino effect. The T2 players will realize they can’t compete and will move down to dominate the T1 zones. The T4s will move into the unoccupied T3 zones and be spread quite thin as they also try to control the T4 zones.

This kind of server might be less harsh to play on at launch, but only if you maintain rank with the pacesetters. Once people are established on these servers, anyone rolling there for the first time will have an immensely frakked up experience.

Plain and simple, this new chicken mechanic screws with the fundamentals of RvR in Warhammer Online. The game was built one way and this does nothing to enhance it. It takes away from it. Did Mythic leave this until the last minute and realize their mistake?"

Having seconds thoughts now hah !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The difference between DAoC and WAR being that lower tiered RvR zones contribute very little to the ultimate end-game objective, attacking the capitals.

It will happen, but I don think it'll be the apocalypse he forsees. With that said though, I do agree with a large part of his other points. It should really be all or nothing. Chickenized for attacking lower level players, sure; but not just for entering the zone. It makes it nigh impossible to complete lower level quests or to get the explorations after you've reached a certain level. Alternatively, just remove the whole system.

Still, time will tell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So where exactly is everyone going to move to? Seeing as though most boardies are on the same server... It would be sad to see everyone split up. It would be nice to see "Cry me a RvR" on another server...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

So where exactly is everyone going to move to? Seeing as though most boardies are on the same server... It would be sad to see everyone split up. It would be nice to see "Cry me a RvR" on another server...

Thing is if people decide to move than it will be a split up. Many people will not want to abandon the characters they made already.

I think we should stick with the servers we chose as we have over 30 boardsies on KA (I think) and a potentially great guild if everyone stays together. Hopefully GOA will fix this queuing issue soon.

whatduck wrote: »
    Thing is if people decide to move than it will be a split up. Many people will not want to abandon the characters they made already.

I think we should stick with the servers we chose as we have over 30 boardsies on KA (I think) and a potentially great guild if everyone stays together. Hopefully GOA will fix this queuing issue soon.

Well I am one of those people who doesn't want to abandon my first character. However, I will not stay on KA on my own :)

From my experience with other mmo's, they tend to offer free migration to other less populated servers. How difficult would it be to raise the cap of a server up another 15-20%? Where does it stop? More people would join them servers. Do they not allow more people on the already cramped servers? That would be difficult to implicate. People wouldn't like that too much I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

who said anything about moving?

the q's are getting faster despite them getting longer, and if the server remains THAT busy it will probably get cloned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Are the servers at full capacity yet or will the cap be increased again over the next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

jaggeh wrote: »

the q's are getting faster despite them getting longer, and if the server remains THAT busy it will probably get cloned.

Lets stay where we are. The queues wont continue forever.

I think the queuing is so bad due to the Order : Destruction ratio. Last time I checked warhammer DB the population of the server was about 1000 ( I dont know if it is accurate or not.) order are outnumber by dest about 2:3.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

heard in a podcast the pop cap was about 5000, they could have been picking the number out of their head but its a number to pick randomly.

either no-one new is joing the server or they are slowly raising the pop cap everytime i q is alway close to 280 waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Guys the game is only starting really you'll need to have some patience for them to sort the major lag issues and certain servers will get more resources designated to them if they prove more popular. :D

jaggeh wrote: »

Eh the OP did...

Advertisement