Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackmania

Options
  • 21-09-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

It’s time to dust off that copy of Trackmania Nations Forever, reinstall it or get it for the first time (after all, it’s free!) because the TrackMANIA-Tour is being launched on Thursday 25th September. This is a fun tournament open to all that will run over the course of approximately two hours, so keep the diary free!

And the lucky winner will walk away with…………….A BRAND NEW CAR!!! Well, not quite. But you can be the envy of the server and future editions of the tournament with a new skin for your stadium car by walking away with a commemorative skin for the stadium car -

tmtourlh2.jpg

Sign-ups are open. In order to check-in please be in IRC (IRC channel #esports.ie [irc.quakenet.org:6667] )at 20:00 and the tournament will go live at 20:15. The server will be passworded and this will be given out on the day. However, if you are late you can still play but will be at a slight disadvantage.

*Note* - If you do not have IRC, a quick access is available for Firefox. Just enter your nickname and #esports.ie as the channel.
    Internet Explorer users can also partake in the fun. The server is irc.quakenet.org. The port is 6667 and the channel is #esports.ie

Server
    SmartGaming TMNF (Is Public but will be Password Protected on the day)

Structure
    Tracklist:
    B05-Race
    C13-Race
    B03-Race
    B11-Race
    B02-Race
    C06-Speed
    B01-Race
    B14-Speed
    D08-Speed
    B10-Speed
    C01-Race
    B11-Race
    C15-Speed
    C02-Race
    C04-Race
    B07-Race
    B15-Race

Format – This will be run as a tournament featuring 12 of the listed tracks. It will run as a Time Attack mode with a limit of 6 minutes. After receiving the password, players will connect to the server and the change of map will signify the start of the tournament. The challenge is to complete the quickest lap within the time limit. The person with the most points at the end of the 12 tracks will be the champion.

Points are awarded as follows:
    1st – 10
    2nd – 8
    3rd – 6
    4th – 5
    5th – 4
    6th – 3
    7th – 2
    8th – 1

Parties involved in this: PPC (server), Rzelky and myself (Sabre0001). Thanks also to Smart Telecom for providing the servers.

All feedback is much appreciated in order to make future editions bigger and better!
    If you have ANY QUESTIONS please contact Rzelky or Sabre0001 in #esports.ie or on www.boards.ie

Download Trackmania Nations Forever for FREE from STEAM or at www.trackmania.com

Supported By:

logo.jpg

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm hoping to be on for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

I'll be there \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

anyone know how to get steam running through a proxy server? wish i could take part :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

neilk32 wrote: »
    anyone know how to get steam running through a proxy server?

Unfortunately I don't - have you tried downloading it as a standalone though (i.e. From site and not Steam)?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

no but i dont think you can run it without steam anyway, i might be home thursday night if im lucky and if i am, ill definitly enter this . i was getting right into it at the end of the summer, so much fun.

• Advertisement

Getting ready to GO GO GO! Sign-up soon at http://tm-tour.tourney.cc

🤪

And it's all over bar the crying and shouting. [IRIS]Spe64 (ranked a very respectable 336 in the world compared to the Irish contingent all with six figure ranks to their names! :D) took the championship. But there were close battles throughout the field and everyone seems to have enjoyed.

To find out more visit http://tm-tour.tourney.cc and remember to keep an eye out for Season 2!

Results: http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tmtour1resultstl7.jpg

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Such a big game and all you win is a skin?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cianos wrote: »

It was a fun online tournament with 10 entrants. The guys set the server up and managed the site. What more do you fùcking want?

Cianos wrote: »

You also get a warm fuzzy feeling inside :)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Didn't know it was a small independent thing, thought it was an 'official' tournament or whatever

Unfortunately not yet! Perhaps (better) prizes especially if we can get some generous donations! :D

🤪

Advertisement