Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

95 Isuzu Trooper 3.1 TD SWB.

Options
  • 21-09-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Anyone have one of these. I know there a great machine but what size fuel tank do they have and what kind of MPG do they do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Just be careful of the chassis rotting in these.

The older 3.1 are starting to go over the back axles and behind the rear bumper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Puncell

have a 96 isuzu 3.1 trooper swb, its been pulling to left side while driving, so i got her doe'd and has a couple of little things, front shock,anti roll bushs, but nothing to make it want to steer to the left.
    when reversing if you let go of t5he steering wheel it will turn to the right itself....ive rang Harris isuzu centre on naas rd...and they were no help. i went and got it traceked and if anything it made it worse.

Its the camber/caster that needs to be done.

Its complicated enough and you need the proper equipment.

You also need shims which can only be gotten through Isuzu. The camber/caster would not be a fail in the DOE unless is was very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

they do decent mpg ( a weeks commutting in and out of the city center and surround no bother )

rotting and weak c.v joints are often a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

I drive a 97 3.1 trooper and I love it. Never had a spot of bother from it and easy enough on juice :)

• Advertisement

Puncell wrote: »
    have a 96 isuzu 3.1 trooper swb, its been pulling to left side while driving, so i got her doe'd and has a couple of little things, front shock,anti roll bushs, but nothing to make it want to steer to the left.
    when reversing if you let go of t5he steering wheel it will turn to the right itself....ive rang Harris isuzu centre on naas rd...and they were no help. i went and got it traceked and if anything it made it worse.

Balanced both front wheels and has sorted this issue.

will move on to the next on the list for the doe!

slideways wrote: »
    Its the camber/caster that needs to be done.

Its complicated enough and you need the proper equipment.

You also need shims which can only be gotten through Isuzu. The camber/caster would not be a fail in the DOE unless is was very bad.

Actually there isnt really a camber and castor on the trooper, it has the ball joint instead.

Puncell wrote: »
    Actually there isnt really a camber and castor on the trooper, it has the ball joint instead.
    Now lad, put your brain into gear before you post.

ALL vehicles have camber and caster, its what allows you to steer and causes the wheel to self centre when you let go of it when driving.

The troopers DO have adjustable camber and caster. It is done using shims at the inside of the top wishbone.

BTW I work in an Isuzu dealership and have done so for more than 8 years.

/exits thread

Now lad, put your brain into gear before you post.

ALL vehicles have camber and caster, its what allows you to steer and causes the wheel to self centre when you let go of it when driving.

The troopers DO have adjustable camber and caster. It is done using shims at the inside of the top wishbone.

BTW I work in an Isuzu dealership and have done so for more than 8 years.

/exits thread

u wouldnt work ON batteries

Your right I wouldn't.

They are mostly maintenance free and acid is dangerous.

• Advertisement

lol - fair point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

Just be careful of the chassis rotting in these.

The older 3.1 are starting to go over the back axles and behind the rear bumper

not all of them. plenty of good solid ones left.

i have a problem with my parking lights and dash board lights. theve just stopped working...could it be a fuse, i was thinking more like a loose connection??????

any ideas where i could start ??????

Advertisement