Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Ladies!! Gift idea for Girlfriend's Birthday!!

Options
  • 21-09-2008 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Howya ladies!

It's my gf's birthday in a few months....I was wondering what I should get her? I have a few ideas but would love to hear what you recommend!

-she bought me a great present for my birthday
    -we've been together around 8 - 9 months
    -she hates jewellery....so that's out of the question.

(sorry if the details are a little vague...I don't want anyone to cop on that it's me!)

Thanks for your help!

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr. Bean

Zaph wrote: »
    Moved from The Ladies Lounge

And why was it moved?? - do you not think that it would suit the ladies lounge thread as it would receive a lot of replies which could be helpful? <stop whining and less of the personal abuse - c - 13>

Thanks though!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It was moved because this is the Gift Ideas forum, and as I explained to someone else the other day, putting "Please Help Ladies" at the start of a thread title does not make it a Ladies Lounge issue. Just because it may receive more replies in one forum doesn't necessarily mean that's where it should be.

Post reported for personal abuse, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr. Bean

Zaph wrote: »
    Post reported for personal abuse, btw.

well that's a bit harsh don't you think?

Well anyway, can anyone offer me some ideas?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Mr. Bean wrote: »
    well that's a bit harsh don't you think?

Well anyway, can anyone offer me some ideas?

Thanks in advance

Here's a nice idea - Stop whinging at people for moving threads to the correct forums. Its boards policy that threads go to the forum they belong in, its not okay to put them into major fora to generate more traffic, you will see that if you take the time to read the charters in most larger fora. kthnxbai

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Get her a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Heres the thing ... women like a gift to be just right for them. Most women dont like to ask for something in partiuclar. We like it when our gift reflects who we are and what we like.

So really what you need to do is think about just what she likes, and then get it.

To help a bit... think about what sort of hobbies she has, what type of movies she likes, what style of clothes she has, does she enjoy spa treatments (or would she feel you were saying she needs help in the beauty department) ..is she into books, handbags, shoes. Or at the end of the day would the perfect gift be spending some time together somewhere she has always wanted to go.

You see, you have to think about it ... there simply is not a one size fits all solution here.

Advertisement