Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for a tatt...

Options
  • 21-09-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Am toying with the idea of getting something done soon; though I could quite easily chicken out!!

I have something in mind(a fish type design), and don't want anything too big.

Also; I don't want it anywhere too visible, or at least somewhere thats easy to conceal if necessary.

Where is the best place for a tatt for a female??

Bearing in mind aging, pregnancy etc. am 26 and my weight doesn't vary at all;but thats not to say that won't change with time!!

I'm not dying about the lower back but am open to all suggestions....cheers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

How about the hip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Lower shoulder might be a good idea unless you wear a lot of tops that show off that area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

For hideable tattoos anything that is covered by normal clothes, there is no best place for a tattoo especially when ya don't know exactly what design you want.

When you decide on an image and have something drawn up the best place should spring to mind pretty quickly for any seasoned tattoo artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Bryn wrote: »
    How about the hip?

Ya, I thought about this but would it not stretch horribly if pregnant/weight gain??

I know it sems bizarre to be considering these things but i just don't want to get one for it to look crap in a few years because its stretched!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

How about your ankle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ya, I thought about this but would it not stretch horribly if pregnant/weight gain??

I know it sems bizarre to be considering these things but i just don't want to get one for it to look crap in a few years because its stretched!!

As far as i know, there is a part of your hip that the skin wont stretch due to weight gain/pregnancy, but i could be wrong!

Lower shoulder might be a good idea unless you wear a lot of tops that show off that area?

Ya, I do actually.

A variation on this is what I had in mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Depends how low you get it! ;):p

Altho that design you have in mind might be to much for the hip area, unles you do it tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it's like that pic you posted, then down your spine seems like the obvious place.

Better to have the exact design that you want then decide where to get it done though.

I have to admit, it took all my willpower not to respond to this question with "your forehead."

If it's like that pic you posted, then down your spine seems like the obvious place.

Better to have the exact design that you want then decide where to get it done though.

I have to admit, it took all my willpower not to respond to this question with "your forehead."

:confused::confused::confused:

I know I need to be more sure of the design, well actually I am pretty sure, but I suppose a not exact replica would be nicer,a bit more unique etc. However I am not blessed with any amount of artistic skill so me modifying it isnt an option unfortunately.

Maybe on my side along my ribs????

And then of course theres where to get it done, but thats a whole other can of worms!!!

• Advertisement

:confused::confused::confused:

It's the whole thing about why would you ask strangers where to get something permanent done on your body/ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. If you are unsure about what to get or where to get it, you're best not to get it.

You should be 100% sure about these things or there is a high chance you will end up regretting it.

I have a buttefly on my back, the top of my spine just below the bottom of my neck/shoulders, so not visible when wearing a shirt etc, the design you show there would sit lovely here, or your foot is another option, quite painful though. Definitely don't get it on your arm or shoulder - I think it's a no no for girls and would like to point out that that is only my option (apologies for caps earlier!)

It's the whole thing about why would you ask strangers where to get something permanent done on your body/ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. If you are unsure about what to get or where to get it, you're best not to get it.

You should be 100% sure about these things or there is a high chance you will end up regretting it.

Well, I take your point, BUT sometimes you get a more honest answer from strangers. I have asked close friends of mine, but said friends do not agree with the notion of tattoos in the first place so are not exactly ideal to ask. Nor do they have the affinity to fish/ aquatic life that I do (I dive a lot; most of them can hardly swim) so they think the notion of a fish design is ridiculous also.

I am quite serious about the idea but know very little about tattoos etc hence coming here for advice. I just want to be 100% sure about the postioning so I don't regret it( because it stretched etc) as opposed to the design itself.

I just wanted some unbiased accurate advice, thats all.

OMG WHEN YOU ARE TALKING HERE SOME AMOUNT OF RESPECT WOULD BE APPRECIATED FOR FELLOW USERS, omg caps argh!

No one is gonna slate you over your choices. However, I will demand that you behave yourself and don't go picking fights.

Sometimes I'm stupid.

Have a nice day :D

I am quite serious about the idea but know very little about tattoos etc hence coming here for advice. I just want to be 100% sure about the postioning so I don't regret it( because it stretched etc) as opposed to the design itself.

I just wanted some unbiased accurate advice, thats all.

That's understood, and was obvious from your post, hence me refraining from replying with simply that! :)

Where were you thinking about getting it, that'd be the best place to start the discussion!

Will wrote: »
    OMG WHEN YOU ARE TALKING HERE SOME AMOUNT OF RESPECT WOULD BE APPRECIATED FOR FELLOW USERS, omg caps argh!

No one is gonna slate you over your choices. However, I will demand that you behave yourself and don't go picking fights.

Have a nice day :D

Apologies, I did actually mean it kind of tongue in cheek, apologies if it seemed otherwise.....

Ah, it's Monday morning and it's been a busy one. My brain is not functioning fully.
    My sincerest apologies Gráinne *bows*

That's understood, and was obvious from your post, hence me refraining from replying with simply that! :)

Where were you thinking about getting it, that'd be the best place to start the discussion!

Well, I'm based in Galway but work all over Ireland so can go where ever would be best.

I don't think I would get it done anywhere in Galway, I think I would be wise not to tbh!!

I have had some piercing work done in Snakebite but their tattoo designs dont seem to be very, well, me really.

Have heard very good things about Holy cow in Midleton so maybe there??

If anybody has any good recommendations for this sort of work please let me know....

Thanks;)

Holy Cow, Karen Russell is the awesome at colour work, really feminine designs.
    Some people here have work done by her. Awesome and by all accounts easy to talk to about designs too unlike some artists around the place

Ah, it's Monday morning and it's been a busy one. My brain is not functioning fully.
    My sincerest apologies Gráinne *bows*

LOL - no problem

You have a nice day too ;)

• Advertisement

Well, I'm based in Galway but work all over Ireland so can go where ever would be best.
    I don't think I would get it done anywhere in Galway, I think I would be wise not to tbh!!
    I have had some piercing work done in Snakebite but their tattoo designs dont seem to be very, well, me really.
    Have heard very good things about Holy cow in Midleton so maybe there??
    If anybody has any good recommendations for this sort of work please let me know....
    Thanks;)

I thought you were looking for advice on the positioning/location on your body of the tattoo, not which studio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I got my first one on the back of my leg in between my knee and ankle, easy to cover up in our climate, not sore as not much bone matter around there and plenty of room that lends itself well to the long but slim style of the picture you posted. I know the Vibe have a studio in Sligo which may not be too far, I'm sure someone can point you to a good place in Galway, there's a sticky on this forum listing off various studios and their locations.

She's moved on the topic Damo my dear :)

Sorry, I thought you meant where as in the tattoo studio :o

Where positioning-wise? Well, my side along the ribs, or lower back, but not centred though. Spine would be good also, but I dont want anything too far up my back.

I think it can be very sexy on ribs, but stings like a motha fúcka when getting done :D

I think it can be very sexy on ribs, but stings like a motha fúcka when getting done :D

yep - my husband got it done there - he has lots of tattoos and this was the only one that really got to him, he was throwing up and almost fainting for 24 hours, pansy!!!

Grainne C wrote: »
    yep - my husband got it done there - he has lots of tattoos and this was the only one that really got to him, he was throwing up and almost fainting for 24 hours, pansy!!!

Ha ha serious? Makes me feel all manly that I got my first and so far only tattoo on my ribs, 12 hours work or so broken up into 3 sessions of 4 hours. Damn I rock :cool::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ha ha serious? Makes me feel all manly that I got my first and so far only tattoo on my ribs, 12 hours work or so broken up into 3 sessions of 4 hours. Damn I rock :cool::pac::pac::pac:
    yeah but your mancore dude

Ya, a mate of mine has it done there, looks really good; she found it very painfull also.....its bound to be given its location I suppose!!!

• Advertisement

yep - dead serious! ooooh and his only took about 1.5 hours! it's close to all your major organs though, his is just under his rib cage on the right hand side, tis lovely!

Advertisement