Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Summer Sunset

• 21-09-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭

Officially the last night of summer tonight, as we now head into the positive side of the Autumn equinox. Thought I would grab a couple of shots of the last sunset of summer. I don't have an extra zoom lens, so I used a pair of binoculars instead :o Took ages to focus, but got a nice shot of the sun going down over the hills bordering coastal Galway and Mayo. The fact that I had to use binoculars is a bit sad, as I live in what must be the flattest, lowest lying* part of Ireland. everything scenic is only at binocular level..:o

th_DSC01216.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

*but I wouldn't exchange it for all the world.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Nice one Pat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Well captured Paddy, lovely colours.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely shots. Reminds me of a part from the video that used to be played along side The National Anthem at closedown time on RTE. Scroll to 1:22... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wygzJtJwPnk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Thanks Guys, :). I just hope no one seen me yesterday evening looking through a pair of binoculars via a camara. Because I would have looked twice...:D Danno, thanks for the blast from the past, haven't seen that in years, yet watching it, it is like it was only on yesterday. Scary how time moves on. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Those photos are fantastic paddy1.
    You should think about submitting one of them to next the met eireann photo competition.
    Who knew something so good could be captured in Galway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Those photos are fantastic paddy1.
    You should think about submitting one of them to next the met eireann photo competition.
    I always knew something so good could be captured only in Galway, as there is very little of interest here in Mayo. Indeed, I hope to move to Galway soon, as it is a great place, with a great football team, great weather, and fantastic lovely people.

I just love Galway!!!:)

Thanks Nacho, very kind words. And of course, you are absolutely right about the greatness of Galway, though I personally don't like to boast. :)

:pac::D

Advertisement