Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business for the LC.. having second thoughts..

Options
  • 21-09-2008 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I have this sub teacher atm, the usual teacher has gone off and gotten pregnant again haha. I'm in 5th year, and this is a relatively new subject for me. I just don't understand some major things, like equity ratios, acid test ratios, etc. All jargon, and the teacher I have now is REALLY bad at teaching:(

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

dont worry about ratios, odds are if they come up they will either be short questions or a small part of a long question....

Although they might be up for your ABQ, which topics do you have to cover for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

dont worry its piss easy. what you need to do is just stay in touch. every week make sure you know what you have been doing inside out. its so so easy and over time when you see the papers you will know some of the crap won't even come up so you won't need to do it. worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Thanks guys, I'm still not 100% on my business knowledge anyway but I'm sure I'll catch up.

I just don't have any way of studying in the first place, and I'm the kind that stresses easily over this stuff:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

get the past papers.

our teacher gave us a test at the end of every chapter which was really good. then in 6th year we did an ABQ every week.

business is a great subject if your good at learning off stuff. me for example, i have no critical thinking skills but did well in business because i knew how to study for it and took a few gambles(wouldnt advise that though :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

get the past papers.

business is a great subject if your good at learning off stuff. me for example, i have no critical thinking skills but did well in business because i knew how to study for it and took a few gambles(wouldnt advise that though :D)

Don't worry if your mind doesnt work that way though!
    I'm not great at memorizing but I just found the course interesting and logical and got an A1.(Obviously you have to do some study for stuff like HR but....ya:D)

Great subject once you get used to the ABQ's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Invest in a Revise Wise book, have one myself too much non-needed crap in the text books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

revise wise is really good for business, like someone else said get the past papers (edco have sample answers on their website which is useful for checking your answers against) with the exam papers you can also work out how much time to spend on each q, time managment is esential for higher level in particular!
    practise your ABQ as well as this is worth a considerable amount of the percent available
    NCI had a revision session on twice last year which my friend went to and said really helped her, one was in oct on the midterm break and the other jan i think.
    their website is www.ncirl.ie there doesnt seem to be anything on it at the min about it but keep an eye on it:)

good luck!

Advertisement