Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flahavaj

Options
  • 22-09-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

I think it was it a great injustice that this man my fellow waterfordian was banned for a week over a wee bit of drunken posting.

Maybe the moderator could enforce at midnight - 6 am banning at the weekend's instead until the pup learns his lesson.

I know I will miss reading flahavaj's post this week, will you?

Do you agree with flahavaj's one week banning? 21 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 21 votes
    Post edited by Shield on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I certainly will. That man was expressing his opinion, no worse than what some people do on here. Its utter bull**** in my opinion. Scandelous stuff. No wonder theres a recession with bull**** bannings like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It offended Rovert and he reported it and I can't blame him, it was a spiteful response to a rather harmless Rovert post and Fozzy done the right thing by banning him for a week. I iamgine if Rovert had attacked someone like this and he got banned you would all be in uproar:rolleyes:

Yes, actually. I like rovert despit him virtually pissing on flahavaj.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Rjd2 wrote: »
    It offended Rovert and he reported it and I can't blame him, it was a spiteful response to a rather harmless Rovert post and Fozzy done the right thing by banning him for a week. I iamgine if Rovert had attacked someone like this and he got banned you would all be in uproar:rolleyes:

No we love rovert so does flahavaj and hehas told me that he is genuinely sorry for his words last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Moved to Feedback

flahavaj made some drunken posts, I warned him this afternoon not to do it again. He apologised

Then he kept posting off topic on some thread and bombidol banned him for it. bombidol doesn't have to explain it any more if he doesn't feel like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

nevermind... Fozzy just said the exact same thing, he got there before i did.
    VR!

Fozzy, how come you never ban rovert for constantly double posting actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

He could have done some damage control and edited his post's when he came back online rather than leaving them there for all to see. They where blatant flaming and trolling.

He deserved it.

rizzla wrote: »
    He could have done some damage control and edited his post's when he came back online rather than leaving them there for all to see. They where blatant flaming and trolling.

He deserved it.

Then shouldn't THEY both be banned? Again, its all bull****. Men were shot for less.

Erm, how do you ban actual posts? :confused:
    VR!

• Advertisement

You can't. You can ban the person making the posts though. Very basic stuff.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Then shouldn't THEY both be banned? Again, its all bull****. Men were shot for less.

True but they weren't the final reason for his banning as Fozzy said he was warned about the posts and bombidol banned him for continuing to post off topic.

He was the instigator and I don't think Rovert should be punished in the same way but it does seem subscribers receive preferential treatment, you can't argue with that though as they do donate their own money to the site, so should be treated differently.

So if I give boards.ie a fiver i can act the bollix all I want then?

You can't. You can ban the person making the posts though. Very basic stuff.

Basic stuff you couldn't grasp obviously. flahavaj was the one who made the posts, he was banned.

Get it...?
    VR!

and a mars bar....
    Nah, subscription for boards is €50 a year. I'd almost pay that for a licence to run completely riot on users, ban free! :D

VR!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

rizzla wrote: »
    but it does seem subscribers receive preferential treatment, you can't argue with that though as they do donate their own money to the site, so should be treated differently.

No. The admins have said numerous times that subscribers don't get any preferential treatment.

Basic stuff you couldn't grasp obviously. flahavaj was the one who made the posts, he was banned.

Get it...?
    VR!

Rizzla said THEY were blatantly trolling. They is more than one person, yet only one person was banned. Bull****. Bull****.

Rizzla said THEY were blatantly trolling. They is more than one person, yet only one person was banned. Bull****. Bull****.

Did you get educated in English in secondary school? He said they, refering to flahavaj's posts. His posts were flaming and trolling :rolleyes:

Seriously! Basic english!
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There have been a number of subscribers who got their money back when thinking they would get preferential treatment and booted off the site for having the neck. They get shiny stars, username change if they want, a boards.ie email and a bigger avatar, tis enough.

When I said they I was referring to the numerous posts flahavaj made flaming and trolling.

I never mentioned rovert in that post or implied i was. You just read it the way you wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iambollix

i voted no and rightly so. Flahavaj only drank a rake of whiskey like a good irish man would and expressed his opinion honestly. Its a pty there aren't more men like him.

What a convenient first post... ;)
    VR!

Did you get educated in English in secondary school? He said they, refering to flahavaj's posts. His posts were flaming and trolling :rolleyes:

Seriously! Basic english!
    VR!

Yup and I got a b2 in higher level. What did you get yourself?

And even if he was refering to the posts, rovert still comes out worse ****e than flahavaj, it doesn't annoy me though but lots of people complain. Not one person complained about flahavaj's post and he gets banned. Shocking

Yup and I got a b2 in higher level. What did you get yourself?

You should be so proud of yourself, too bad you don't utilise it more often. Not that your grade is relevant to this thread.
    And even if he was refering to the posts, rovert still comes out worse ****e than flahavaj, it doesn't annoy me though but lots of people complain. Not one person complained about flahavaj's post and he gets banned. Shocking

I can't disagree with you there, but when rovert is warned on PW by the mods, he shut's the f*ck up and moves on.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Ruu wrote: »
    There have been a number of subscribers who got their money back when thinking they would get preferential treatment and booted off the site for having the neck. They get shiny stars, username change if they want, a boards.ie email and a bigger avatar, tis enough.

exactly. Monetary bribes? Bah. Its hookers and coke or nothing.

Nerin wrote: »
    Bah. Its hookers and coke or nothing.

Wow? Is that the time already?! Sh*t, i must be going! :D
    VR!

You should be so proud of yourself, too bad you don't utilise it more often. Not that your grade is relevant to this thread.
    VR!

I did, i used it to get my points to go to college and I am currently starting second year thank you very much. How else could I utilise a result in a test really?

Anyway I didn't mean to go off topic into discussing Leaving Cert grades, it was brought up so I replied.

I did, i used it to get my points to go to college and I am currently starting second year thank you very much. How else could I utilise a result in a test really?

Anyway I didn't mean to go off topic into discussing Leaving Cert grades, it was brought up so I replied.

Again, none of this stuff has nothing to do with this thread.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

arguing with mods is futile.
    zuroph!:pac:

• Advertisement

Again, none of this stuff has nothing to do with this thread.
    VR!

You brought up Secondary School english in fairness, I just responded to it. As I already said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement