Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flahavaj

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

VR!
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Since, i subscribed; I have sexually assaulted one forum - namely the sex and sexuality forum. Didn't get banned for that, couldn't believe it.

I also hacked into the Subscribers forum - a feat which I have spent so many man hours engineering, finally hacked it, and got away with it. I am now working on hacking myself an email address and maybe, sometime down the line, access to the moderator forum.

^^ Whoever said subscribers don't get preferential treatment for that, are obviously lying.

P.s. Don't tell anyone, but I'm also trying to fit an image of my genitalia into my avatar. Obviously the avatars don't quite stretch that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

nevf wrote: »
    Since, i subscribed; I have sexually assaulted one forum - namely the sex and sexuality forum. Didn't get banned for that, couldn't believe it.

I also hacked into the Subscribers forum - a feat which I have spent so many man hours engineering, finally hacked it, and got away with it. I am now working on hacking myself an email address and maybe, sometime down the line, access to the moderator forum.

^^ Whoever said subscribers don't get preferential treatment for that, are obviously lying.

P.s. Don't tell anyone, but I'm also trying to fit an image of my genitalia into my avatar. Obviously the avatars don't quite stretch that much.

65pixels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Nerin wrote: »
    65pixels?
    I was talking more along the lines of length. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I iamgine if Rovert had attacked someone like this and he got banned you would all be in uproar:rolleyes:

Ha, like rovert would ever attack anyone!

I do have sympathy for flahavaj in one sense in that he has (in my opinion) fed a troll and paid the price for it. However it's not a good idea to post drunk. :o

I would suggest to anyone annoyed at a certain contributor's posts to simply use the ignore button as I have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

rizzla wrote: »
    but it does seem subscribers receive preferential treatment, you can't argue with that though as they do donate their own money to the site, so should be treated differently.
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    So if I give boards.ie a fiver i can act the bollix all I want then?
    Nope, as AC and Ruu said, subscription doesn't give you a license to break rules or act the bollix.

Subscribers are in the main people who enjoy the site, and decide to give something small back. For some, the possibility of a name change is a carrot, but you'll notice lots of people don't even bother.
    iambollix wrote: »
    i voted no and rightly so. Flahavaj only drank a rake of whiskey like a good irish man would and expressed his opinion honestly. Its a pty there aren't more men like him.

Excellent choice of username, dude! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

iambollix wrote: »
    i voted no and rightly so. Flahavaj only drank a rake of whiskey like a good irish man would and expressed his opinion honestly. Its a pty there aren't more men like him.

Flahavaj, re-regging is possibly the worst solution you could have come up with. As regards to the original incident, you were wrong, got reported and got banned. Don't see the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Can boards.ie install a breathalyser? In fact, can the entiore interweb do so? Drunken posting, at the time is fantastic, its the next day when you re read the crap you had posted it becoems a problem.

Anyway, free the Blah 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Poll needs a 'don't care' option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Banned due to constant going off topic. The sheer amount of reported posts in the last 2 weeks is staggering. Iron fist time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

rizzla wrote: »
    He was the instigator and I don't think Rovert should be punished in the same way but it does seem subscribers receive preferential treatment, you can't argue with that though as they do donate their own money to the site, so should be treated differently.

Hmm, that really shouldn't be the case.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This isn't a hard rule, but generally subscribers tend to be people who have invested some time in boards, generally not "pot stirrers".

ie, more often than not, they're good posters, and so get the benefit of the doubt, same as any other long term / well thought of contributor.

Doesn't give them immunity from day to day moderating activities. There's absolutely no reason for a moderator to give a subscriber "preferential" treatment. It's not like the mods are on payroll :) .

Generally, people with a lot of posts, or who've been around for a long time don't get sitebanned either. We don't like sitebanning people and there's a very small number of circumstances where a siteban can actually occur. (spamming/stalking/generally creepy*/legal threat/troll account)

The fact that long term users / people who post a lot / use the site a lot are often a category that a subscriber falls into really should not be surprising.

*this is a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

gimmick wrote: »
    Can boards.ie install a breathalyser? In fact, can the entiore interweb do so? Drunken posting, at the time is fantastic, its the next day when you re read the crap you had posted it becoems a problem.

Any chance of creating a plug in that sets anything you post on Friday or Saturday between 11PM and 5AM to pending until the next morning, when you can delete it (highly likely) or approve (highly unlikely) it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

CuLT wrote: »
    *this is a new one
    The dj and insect category.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The ban was deserved and drink isnt an excuse. That said, man that rovert gets on my tits! He's rubs people the wrong way to get a reaction out of them and then he goes running to tell mammy.

Voice in my head: .... but 6th, you dont post in the Pro Wrestling Forum?

Me: I'm a lurker there, not every day but when I go in I could spend half a day in there.

Voice in my head: Are you just saying that so you can chip in in Feedback?

Me: No, I'm a big retro wrestling fan and still manage to enjoy the current stuff. Even 6th jnr. watches it with me at the weekend.

Voice in my head:
    So who was your fav wrestler?

Me: Easy, Junk Yard Dog .... RIP.

/Runs off to google "Ugandan Head Hunter" to see what happened to that dude.

Fozzy wrote: »
    Moved to Feedback

flahavaj made some drunken posts, I warned him this afternoon not to do it again. He apologised

Then he kept posting off topic on some thread and bombidol banned him for it. bombidol doesn't have to explain it any more if he doesn't feel like it

Posting "off topic" is called Banter and there has never been a problem with it before. There is one person that seems to have a problem with it even though he does it himself .

At the end there has been alot of trouble on the forums and all the trouble has been centered around 1 person and 1 person only . If he doesnt like it he should go .

He is not going to go so i am just going to Ignore . Hopfully in future we will have some good chats and banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Excellent choice of username, dude! ;)

I know, totally knarley name, man!!

Check the ip address and apologise for insinuating i have nothing better to be doing than starting up bogus accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

if I am not mistaken, which I usually am not, but it is spelt Gnarly not Knarley. The point is kind of moot anyway as the word is not recognised by some dictionaries, and by that I man, anyone who has a decent vocabulary and did not learn words from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

This obnoxious rant was brought to you by the Free The Blah 1 Campaign

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Flahavaj, re-regging is possibly the worst solution you could have come up with.

I didn't re-register dude!!!! Ya see if I was to follow the actions of a certain other poster on the PW forum I'd have been furiously clicking the report button when I read this this morning. However in my wisdom I do realise that this is just an internet forum and what people say about me on it matters little in the greater scheme of things. Even if they're totally false and can easily be proven by a simple IP address check. You as a moderator, Mr. Bubblebobble (if thats even you're real name:I'm fairly sceptical to be honest) should really know better, with the greatest respect to your relative importance on this board, of course.
    bombidol wrote: »
    Banned due to constant going off topic. The sheer amount of reported posts in the last 2 weeks is staggering. Iron fist time.

And I totally accept my ban. I'm spending the time on a strict course of yoga and meditation to improve my concentration so that I shall stray off topic much less in future. I'm becoming quite flexible as well on a completely unrelated side issue.

That iron fist sounds sore also.:eek:

Of course if people didn't get so butt-sore at a little banter you prabably wouldn't have to deal with them complaining in your ear 24/7. You actually have my sympathy in that respect having to babysit for them like a frazzled parent. Yoga might help actually.
    gimmick wrote: »

This obnoxious rant was brought to you by the Free The Blah 1 Campaign.

LOL at "Free the Blaa 1."

Ya see a bit of good humoured banter and talk of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is no harm at all.

Cheer up everyone, it might never happen!:D

So to sum up I'd like to thank the brave souls who risked their own impeccable reputations and stuck their heads above to parapet to support yours truly. Having the courage to Click "No" on that poll took guts, not unlike that shown by those hardy souls who throughout the copurse of history have overthrown dictators and oppression by insisting on they're democratic right to express their will. You are true warriors whos kindness and loyalty will never be forgotten. To the dozens of people who sent me PM's of admiration and gratitide, I express my deepest gratitude, it was you that got me though these darkest of days.

All i can say is I must be quare sound, like. 12+ votes when I was blatantly in the wrong. LO ****ing L.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Posting "off topic" is called Banter and there has never been a problem with it before. There is one person that seems to have a problem with it even though he does it himself .

At the end there has been alot of trouble on the forums and all the trouble has been centered around 1 person and 1 person only . If he doesnt like it he should go .

He is not going to go so i am just going to Ignore . Hopfully in future we will have some good chats and banter.
    flahavaj wrote: »
    I didn't re-register dude!!!! Ya see if I was to follow the actions of a certain other poster on the PW forum I'd have been furiously clicking the report button

You guys mean rovert too, right? "D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

is it time for the lolcats?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

is it time for the lolcats?
    No, the lock cats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement