Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claims Procedure

Options
  • 22-09-2008 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some info from anyone with direct experience of the small claims procedure. I filed a small claims case in mid August and supposedly I should receive some communication within 15 days, to the effect that the respondent admits or disputes liability.

The thing is, I have heard nothing since, a month later. The court I submitted the form to does not sit in August (although the office is open); could the delay be the result of a backlog since it reopened at the start of this month or should the letter have been sent to the respondent anyway?

I don't mind if it takes a little while, I really just want to know if I should be chasing this up with the court office or waiting a while longer. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the court office you submitted the form to is probably the best place to ask about this. the phone numbers are available in the phone book if you are not living nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Thanks guys, and sorry for the massive delay in replying. I eventually rang the court today and it turns out that the Registrar is sick and they've only got cover 1 day a week. It's being looked after anyway. Thanks!

Advertisement