Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car

Options
  • 22-09-2008 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey, ok so I have a Ford Focus 04 1.4 LX Steel. First of all how much you think I could get for this car, and where is the best place to sell?

Secondly I really want an Audi A3. Anybody know what they're like? Am I better off sticking with my own car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

earthworms wrote: »
    Hey, ok so I have a Ford Focus 04 1.4 LX Steel. First of all how much you think I could get for this car, and where is the best place to sell?
    ?

Look at carzone.ie and get a average price or one that matches the spec of your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Get an auto A3 with the gear shifts on the steering wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

think you'll be disappointed to go to an A3 from Focus. Won't drive as well, servicing will be more expensive - and frankly - they arent as reliable. A3, Golf, Octavia, Leon etc. are all the same car underneath - A3 is the most expensive though, and for no particular reason other than the badge.

Maybe have a look at new Focus - or if you're into a badge the current Volvo S40/V50/C30 is the same car as a Focus underneath, but with better seats and a slightly better dash/image etc. Pricing is quite good too this year with either flexifuel or diesel. They look quite smart but aren't a hill of beans or anything - but imo - a Focus/S40 would be better than an A3 et al...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't get the whole appeal of the A3, except that a lot of friends of mine wanted one till they drove them.

Advertisement