Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate picture?

Options
  • 22-09-2008 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭

I recieved an infaracture for posting a picture a few days ago. Just wondering if it was justified. I won't repost it, but if you type Jessica Chobot (IGN reporter) into google image search you should see the one. It's her sitting on a toilet reading a magazine..

Just as a simple comparison here's a Pamper's Kandoo ad.

Was the infraction justified?

EDIT: How do I add a poll?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Because we're all priests here, any showing of the legs is deeply frowned upon. Say one million hail mary's, and you will be forgiven my child (after I say so of course).

Which forum was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

nevf wrote: »
    Because we're all priests here, any showing of the legs is deeply frowned upon. Say one million hail mary's, and you will be forgiven my child (after I say so of course).

Which forum was it?

The nocturnal forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ridiculous IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I can see where it could lead.
    Slippery slope

/goes to google more

On Topic.

Have you got a link to the thread?
    Was the image sending the thread off topic?

Rabies wrote: »
    I can see where it could lead.
    Slippery slope

/goes to google more

On Topic.

Have you got a link to the thread?
    Was the image sending the thread off topic?

Nope it was a thread about posting pictures of women or men who are goth/emo/scene. I'll find it now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055378045&page=3

• Advertisement

The image wasn't emo/goth :/

Rabies wrote: »
    The image wasn't emo/goth :/

It was scene tough. There have been other photos accepted though, it's not fairly strict.

EDIT: video clip from American Psycho too. wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

fight the powah

Its late at night in Ireland now. I'm sure one of the Noc mods will be over soon.

/waves

.0/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

fight the powah

row row row?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Well, if this was where the post you were talking about went, this was the mod's public response at the time:
    SDooM wrote: »
    Lads.

Think about what you are posting before you do.

Posting "mod please delete if inappropriate" is of no help if someone opens the thread in work.

If you are posting NSFW images, clearly label and link to the image as opposed to displaying it here.

Whether he's being a bit over-cautious or not, I don't know, as pic is no longer there, but one way or the other he isn't exactly taking you out and beating you up, or sullying your reputation irretrievably, is he?

Don't really understand why people start Feedback threads about infractions at the best of times, anyway, unless they're totally and crazily off the planet ... they're about the equivalent of Father Ted going "careful now!" as far as I can see, unless you intend to gather up a rucksack full of them.

Have you actually attempted to discuss this with the mod in question, or did you just wait a week and then post a feedback thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'll take this one

Did you pm a mod of the forum before you started this thread to try and sort it out in private? (I don't think you did but I'll give you the chance to prove me wrong)

The pic was deleted and you were infracted because the pic in question was deemed to be too close to the line.

Would you want your boss to be walking past your desk while that was on your screen?
    rizzla wrote: »
    It was scene tough. There have been other photos accepted though, it's not fairly strict.

EDIT: video clip from American Psycho too. wtf?

Actually, it is strict. There are limits, I don't care how "scene" you think the pic was, it's not suiable for the forum.

I like how you give out about the American Psycho clip like you're morallly outraged or like you are surprised by it. You qouted that clip and called it the best part of the film when it was originally posted, but after you got your knuckles rapped you reported it and now you bring it up here too, where it has zero relevenece apart from trying to get a shock reaction.

Kold wrote: »
    row row row?
    fight the powah?

orestes wrote: »
    I'll take this one

Did you pm a mod of the forum before you started this thread to try and sort it out in private? (I don't think you did but I'll give you the chance to prove me wrong)

The pic was deleted and you were infracted because the pic in question was deemed to be too close to the line.

Would you want your boss to be walking past your desk while that was on your screen?

Actually, it is strict. There are limits, I don't care how "scene" you think the pic was, it's not suiable for the forum.

I like how you give out about the American Psycho clip like you're morallly outraged or like you are surprised by it. You qouted that clip and called it the best part of the film when it was originally posted, but after you got your knuckles rapped you reported it and now you bring it up here too, where it has zero relevenece apart from trying to get a shock reaction.

Yes I did pm the mod in question and he said he wasn't willing to discuss it and I should take it to the Feedback or Helpdesk forum. I like proving people wrong.

TBH most pics in that thread I wouldn't want my boss to see, a good portion seem quite fetish like. I quted the American Psycho clip before my pic was deleted, I thought it was all in good fun, but yet it was off topic and remained?!?

And I brought up the clip purely because someone asked me if the pic was taking the thread off topic.

Also, a good portion of the Asian girls being posted look very underage, they probably aren't but I think you'd have a harder time trying to explain that one to your boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yes I did pm the mod in question and he said he wasn't willing to discuss it and I should take it to the Feedback or Helpdesk forum. I like proving people wrong especially when they think their so right.

TBH most pics in that thread I wouldn't want my boss to see, a good portion seem quite fetish like. I quted the American Psycho clip before my pic was deleted, I thought it was all in good fun, but yet it was off topic and remained?!?

And I brought up the clip purely because someone asked me if the pic was taking the thread off topic.

Fair enough. If you like proving people wrong when they think they are right, please provide me with a single reason why that pic did not deserve a warning?

Edit: we have very strict rules over pics of underage girls being posted. For someone who is so concerned I can't help but notice you have never reported posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Also, a good portion of the Asian girls being posted look very underage, they probably aren't but I think you'd have a harder time trying to explain that one to your boss.

Sour grapes much? Jesus lad, are you that bitter that your post was clipped? You got an infraction, a slap on the wrist really, a caution if you will. It means **** all in the big scheme of things. I'd take an infraction here and now if it'd make you happy, and stop you munching away on those grapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I was expecting a dj spider pic. :(

Welcome to nanny state boards OP.

What was the infraction for exactly? Link to picture would be good too.

Apparently NSFW, posting this this (NSFW) pic.

Theres not much wrong with that tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Having seen the pic I don't know what to think.

If the lady in the pic is just having a little tinkle then it is kind of sweet in a pseudo erotic kind of way. But If she is dropping a big stinker of a log, which by reading the mag on the bog indicates, then it is disgusting and the OP should be site banned.

Just my 1.31498 Rupee.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Having seen the pic I don't know what to think.

If the lady in the pic is just having a little tinkle then it is kind of sweet in a pseudo erotic kind of way. But If she is dropping a big stinker of a log, which by reading the mag on the bog indicates, then it is disgusting and the OP should be site banned.

Just my 1.31498 Rupee.

Everyone knows girls don't go number 2

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

1) You may notice if you check I went and did action something on the american psycho video. You know, the one you were saying was awesome before you reported it.

2) I have snipped an AWFUL lot of pictures from the thread. I had just had to close the original thread and create a new, cleaner one, and people immediately started posting stuff close to the line. I told you this in my second response. The alternative is to close the thread altogether. Thus infractions were handed out.

3) NSFW means not safe for work. If I have a picture of a girl on the toilet with her trousers down showing on a web report in work I am not going to be able to explain it.

4) It's an infraction. I didn't ban, you still have access.

5) I don't appreciate you painting it like I would not talk to you. I responded twice and you clearly couldn't get your head around the fact that just because there is not acres of skin on show doesn't necessarily mean it's not NSFW. Thats why I said go to feedback.

Other posters have gotten infracted on that thread and just gotten on with it dude. Seriously.

All that said, I don't want an argument. People weren't listening to me so I had to hand out infractions. The thread's now chugging along nicely with no issues. 1 week later I thought you had moved on, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Sour grapes are sour. You were fine with everything until you got told off,then moral outrage kicked in. Grow up. You aren't the first to post pictures that were snipped,and you won't be the last. Find something else to whine about,its a bloody infraction.

jesus, attack the poster much mods?! "sour grapes" etc. how about growing up and addressing his concerns?! there was nothing wrong with the pic, thats why he asked. it even took him a few days to ask why. row row row fight the powah.

edit: not directed at sdoom obv, but everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lock the thread or else send it to slydice tbh.

more hassle than it's worth it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

How in the name of god is "Sour grapes" an attack on the poster? :confused:
    kaimera wrote: »
    lock the thread or else send it to slydice tbh.

more hassle than it's worth it seems.

It shouldn't have to be locked, there's only one person making hassle.

its the whole tone of the replies. quite immature really.

zuroph wrote: »
    its the whole tone of the replies. quite immature really.

immature is the attitude that when he got in trouble he didn't want to be the only one in trouble. And if sour grapes is your idea of attacking...Wtf?!

• Advertisement

How in the name of god is "Sour grapes" an attack on the poster? :confused:

It shouldn't have to be locked, there's only one person making hassle.

tbh,i wasn't keen on the original thread,but once the mods got together and decided rules,it was easier to manage. Nuking it wouldn't bother me, but the guys (and girls one must add) are just having the craic with it. But it does only take one or two users to completely ruin it. If people want it nuked i'll nuke it,but either way,the infraction given (by one of my fellow mods,and not me i might add) stands. Its only an infraction,and noobs to the forum usually get the benefit of the doubt. Get over it.

Advertisement