Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debranding through firmware update ?

• 22-09-2008 7:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

I had a go at debranding my N82 using Nemesis to change the product code and then upgrading the firmware to version 30 via NSU.
    Now the new features were installed, but the original network guck hasn't gone away.
    Looks like Nokia have added a new feature to their updates that preserves the phone RAM during the update.
    Does anyone know if this means that I won't be able to debrand using this method ?
    Also, is there any way to reinstall an update using NSU ?

Wouldn't recommend the update - for me it broke the multimedia button and I find it less stable. Anyone else have it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Yes the new n82 firmware is very safe.. It will save some of the old settings to a special memory, so the phone will not be completely wiped. As regards unlocking phones, they will never be unlocked by flashing with new firmware. But that was not even what you were asking, was it? :)

Advertisement