Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants and parking in the city?

Options
  • 22-09-2008 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

just looking for a bit of help, any advice would be great thanks.

Was wondering if there was any parking in the city near the Gresham hotel, that side of the inner city that doesnt close at 12am, or would I only be able to get street parking and how safe would that be on a Sat nite??

The other question is can ye recommend a good restaurant for a couple to have a nice romantic meal, anywhere in the city.

Any advice would be great thanks!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

The restaurant across from it, Isaacs is ment to be very good.

Parking on the street should be fine...it's about the only option for you really.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

I booked Greenes on MacCurtin st, anyone been there? good place?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I booked Greenes on MacCurtin st, anyone been there? good place?

It's a lovely place, especially if you are sitting by the window with the waterfall in the background! Food is a bit fancy and quite pricey, but not a bad place at all for a once-in-a-while romantic or special occasion meal.

Thanks, ya its one of those special occasions alright and I requested a window table but they said they couldn’t guarantee anything, I taught they might be able to do something though as the booking is for the 4th of Oct! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Thanks, ya its one of those special occasions alright and I requested a window table but they said they couldn’t guarantee anything, I taught they might be able to do something though as the booking is for the 4th of Oct! :confused:

How strange! Although I remember when we were there last year, there were 6 of us and they didn't have our booking, despite the fact that I made the reservation weeks in advance too! Forgot about that aspect of it...they still seated us though and the service was good.

• Advertisement

Malari wrote: »
    How strange! Although I remember when we were there last year, there were 6 of us and they didn't have our booking, despite the fact that I made the reservation weeks in advance too! Forgot about that aspect of it...they still seated us though and the service was good.

Think I might be ringing them a few days before hand to make sure they have my booking so!!!:p

Advertisement