Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2 out in the U.S

Options
  • 22-09-2008 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭

The lucky buggers across the water, have Rock Band 2 already, its getting good reviews too:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/rockband2

I was over in the states 2 weeks ago and saw the new drum kit, looks similar except for a plastic, steel reinforced pedal...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

No way of using the cymbal peripheral if you have RB1 drum kit? I'm not buying a whole new kit when I only bought the last damn one in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

the drum kit i saw over there, was the same of the RB1 just with the modded pedal, no cymbals on it....

The new mic has A,B,Y,X, Start, Select and Guide buttons on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

CKWPORT wrote: »
    The new mic has A,B,Y,X, Start, Select and Guide buttons on it...

I'm pretty sure it's identical, and the only thing that didn't change peripheral wise... The official one anyway???

Asmodean wrote: »
    No way of using the cymbal peripheral if you have RB1 drum kit? I'm not buying a whole new kit when I only bought the last damn one in may.

The cymbals are part of a whole new drum kit from Ion...

https://www.drumrocker.com/products/index.php

Looks savage, $300 supposedly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Its an Alesis electronic drum kit, you can buy a real drum module for the kit and use it as an electronic drum set. Uber cool!

• Advertisement

Leadership wrote: »
    Its an Alesis electronic drum kit, you can buy a real drum module for the kit and use it as an electronic drum set. Uber cool!

would that be expensive??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

CKWPORT wrote: »
    The cymbals are part of a whole new drum kit from Ion...

https://www.drumrocker.com/products/index.php

Looks savage, $300 supposedly....

That's not exactly true, Mad Catz are bringing out a cymbal attachment for the RB2 drums on 30th October in the US

link

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

I have Rock Band 2.. it's actually awesome.

You can pretty much buy a lot of electronic kits and mod them for rock band. I'm going to do it once I come back from my 1 month holiday (all jan 09)... At the mo I'm saving my cash.

(get more info on rockband.scorehero.com forums.. some very in depth howto's)

I do have 2 Pearl Bass Pedals modded so they can plug into a rock band kit and it is really good. They both work at the same time, and there's not problem with holding one down and hitting the other :D

The Ion set, I dunno about buying... I don't have enough information yet, but what I want to do is have a set that I can use for normal (non-rock band) drumming practise...

One thing about Rock Band 2 is the awesome "Drum Trainer", where it loops certain patterns and you can change the BPM, and just hit hit hit... Very good for training to do actual drumming :D

Advertisement