Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm all night long....

Options
  • 22-09-2008 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I was kept awake from about 5am this morning with a house alarm going off. Did anyone hear this and if so what area of the estate was it in? I'm up in the Court and it was a good distance away, but still loud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Yea could hear it aswell up in the court. Stayed over in my cousins when we first moved over around Clonee, its like a rave up there. Constantly going off all over the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Yeap.. was woken up by this also.... then from 7am a dog barking and trying to sing...
    Not sure where the alarm was going off as if I were to get up out of bed and search for the alarm then I may have been arrested..
    As for the dog, it gets put out in the back garden at around 7am at a duplex in the park..

Great way to start a new working week, dont you think..?..:mad:
    Thinking about taking a week off work and spend it searching for all the alarms and dogs that are interrupting all our sleep patterns..

I just feel sorry for anyone who has a young baby, because these idiots are making it very hard for anyone to have a half decent sleep..

Ar*e h*les..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Yes, I'm in the same part of the Court. It felt like someone was at the end of the bed with a siren.

The guards arrived which added to the noise.

I fell asleep at about 6.40 to be woken by the alarm at 6.45. I feel so rested!

My nerves are at me today *twitch* :D

Yeap.. was woken up by this also.... then from 7am a dog barking and trying to sing...
    Not sure where the alarm was going off as if I were to get up out of bed and search for the alarm then I may have been arrested..
    As for the dog, it gets put out in the back garden at around 7am at a duplex in the park..

Great way to start a new working week, dont you think..?..:mad:
    Thinking about taking a week off work and spend it searching for all the alarms and dogs that are interrupting all our sleep patterns..

I just feel sorry for anyone who has a young baby, because these idiots are making it very hard for anyone to have a half decent sleep..

Ar*e h*les..!!!

Yea that dogs barks most of the day. They sound like they're mid way at the back of our row of houses north side of the little green in the middle of our close. They obviously put it out while they're at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Is there anything the guards can do about an alarm like that?
    Is it worth calling them today to complain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I personally think that the address needs to be taken and if anyone wants the address then it can P'M it to them...
    Then we all report it to the guards and managment, and keep doing it every time it goes off..
    If we make more of a fuss by numbers then something will have to be done..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 boo-urns

I know this is drifting off the topic of alarms but in relation to the dog barking during the day you should really talk to the owners of the dog. I'm a dog owner myself and I'd like to know if my dog was barking constantly when I wasn't there as it means there's something wrong with it. Any owner who cares for their pet would do something about it as soon as they found out and may even appreciate being told as most people who live in Charlesland are decent and don't want to be causing any kind of nuisance to their neighbours.
    You could say the same about the alarms going off, maybe if you let them know that the alarm is too loud/going off all the time they'd try do something about it, as posting the complaints here won't get you very far (especially if they're not reading the posts!).

boo-urns wrote: »
    I know this is drifting off the topic of alarms but in relation to the dog barking during the day you should really talk to the owners of the dog. I'm a dog owner myself and I'd like to know if my dog was barking constantly when I wasn't there as it means there's something wrong with it. Any owner who cares for their pet would do something about it as soon as they found out and may even appreciate being told as most people who live in Charlesland are decent and don't want to be causing any kind of nuisance to their neighbours.
    You could say the same about the alarms going off, maybe if you let them know that the alarm is too loud/going off all the time they'd try do something about it, as posting the complaints here won't get you very far (especially if they're not reading the posts!).

Well if the dog barks tomorrow morning I shall find out what house it is for sure and will be making an apperance later on in the evening as the owner lets the dog out and then goes to work as I've knocked round one morning sometime ago but got no answer...
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the dog, and Im sure it's well treated, it just wants to get back in the house i'd say..

boo-urns wrote: »

It doesnt really annoy me much cos i only hear it when im in the garden enjoying the rays of sun we've had recently. I dont think a dog has to have a problem to bark, some dogs just enjoy barking. I feel sorry for people that back onto his patch is all. I dare say the owner isnt actually aware its barking for long periods cos they're obviously out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I don't know if we are talking about the same place. This hasn't happened before apart from when someone tried to break into this house. The guards came because they thought it was an incident. Batons out and everything.

Very "ITV cop show" - not! :) But at least they came....

I don't know if we are talking about the same place. This hasn't happened before apart from when someone tried to break into this house. The guards came because they thought it was an incident. Batons out and everything.

Very "ITV cop show" - not! :) But at least they came....

Better than England. You've got more chance of getting an NHS dentist than the police coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

I have recently moved to the area. Over the last number of nights I have heard music from the duplex overhead our next door neighbours. Is this usual or do I have noisy neighbours???

Well if the dog barks tomorrow morning I shall find out what house it is for sure and will be making an apperance later on in the evening as the owner lets the dog out and then goes to work as I've knocked round one morning sometime ago but got no answer...
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the dog, and Im sure it's well treated, it just wants to get back in the house i'd say..

Was on red alert this morning, Up for 7am ready for mutley to start his cabaret show... But nothing...?? not a dickie bird..??

Hope it stays this way now... Was like a grave yard out there this morning, nearly took the day off work to admire the piece and quiet..
    :D

Was on red alert this morning, Up for 7am ready for mutley to start his cabaret show... But nothing...?? not a dickie bird..??

Hope it stays this way now... Was like a grave yard out there this morning, nearly took the day off work to admire the piece and quiet..
    :D

Thought it was too good to believe... :mad:

Gone beyond a joke now, even the missus is saying it's taking the pi$$ and she does really get bothered by these things.

The start of plan "a" is going in to action later on, if that dont work then plan "b" will play a part in getting some silence round here..

Sick of this place now..:(

Thought it was too good to believe... :mad:

Gone beyond a joke now, even the missus is saying it's taking the pi$$ and she does really get bothered by these things.

The start of plan "a" is going in to action later on, if that dont work then plan "b" will play a part in getting some silence round here..

Sick of this place now..:(

You talking about the alarm? I heard one in the night not sure when and it was defo in the Park area.

There is that many alarms in the neighbourhood that go off all the time, it a wonder that i even know that it is actually a alarm or just my brain thinking its one going off..

Im actually talking about the 4 legged alarm clock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Lorod

I could hear a dog barking constantly last night and again this morning. I am guessing it is the same one. I am not as close to it as you obviously are but it is still very annoying and you have my deepest sympathies!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Great stuff, an alarm going off again this morning. It was dark so I couldn't tell what time it was but this is just a joke now. I've never lived anywhere like this before.

Mullie wrote: »
    Great stuff, an alarm going off again this morning. It was dark so I couldn't tell what time it was but this is just a joke now. I've never lived anywhere like this before.

Apparently the police will have the power to enter your house and turn off the alarm soon. Its becoming such a problem everywhere. Its worse at my cousins in Clonee.

• Advertisement

Thats great news...

I wonder if the owners of these alarms will take a bit more notice at the fact that they are being set off all hours of the day and night..

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

alarm going off again now.i'm in court and can hear it.if everyone effected rang greystones garda station while it was going off, and every time, you'd get some action pretty quick.

Advertisement