Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico start up problems

Options
  • 22-09-2008 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I just signed up for a Perlico bundle with always on bb and phone. Phone is going well but I just can't get connected to the internet.

I have a Zytel wired modem and its all connected up properly. I have the DSL, 10/100, Power lights are all on but everytime I try to connect its just gives me the error in connection message on the homepage.

I have been on to tech support 3 times already and still we have gotten no where.

My computer is one from work (boss upgraded the PC's and gave me this one) it was a networked computer. Could this be causing a problem maybe. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to tech stuff like this.

Went through network setup wizard and put in a username and password given to me by Perlico but when it comes to the finish part nothing happens.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong? I have the tech guys ringing me this evening at 5.45 and I feel sick of the thought of going through this all over again. I've lost 3 hours of my life already:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Open a command prompt, Start - Run - cmd

Type ipconfig and post the result.

In the browser, can you access the Zyxel modem? It should be at address 192.168.1.1 or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kevcon1974

have you tried to this crowd i hear they are good www.techbusters.org from what i hear they are ex employees or telecom companies

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I did the ipconfig in cmd and the address turned out to be okay.

I think I may know what the problem is. The computer seems to be still registered to work network and it has a domain attached to it so I can't just hook up my modem and connect at home.

I'm going to bring it back to work and get someone to have a look at it.

Thanks for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

friend of mine has gotten 2mb from them

but it syncs at 192/192

his stats are 63att 31snr

i checked his line and it seems ok.

What should he do?

Advertisement